Main Menu

PROG 1506 - A Man Apart

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 17 September, 2006, 12:41:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

Cover: A good picture of Malone with the clown hovering over him. Quite moody by Dylan Teague.

Dredd: As the team move into the Cursed Earth it reminds me a bit of the trip to Mega City 2 in the Killdozer. I don`t understand why the life of a child means Dredd would let his juniors dictate what to do, especially as from what`s said implies that not all the info has been passed onto them.

Malone: I`ve quite enjoyed it but now it`s ended I wonder where the main character will go from here. Also as I was basically given a Fatwah on the other SPOILERS thread I won`t say anymore.

Stone Island: Very interresting version on what I presume is an alien take over of the planet. The picture of David looks extremely painful. What is going on in Simon Davis`s head.

Banzai Battalion: Sad ending but the war must go on no matter who falls by the wayside. Captain Stomper is my kind of robot.

Nikolai Dante: It was about time Dante used his huntsman rifle again. I always thought it was underused. The art works perfectly for the strip ( I know a lot of people hate it ). I normaly like crisp  realistic`ish art but I think the rough drawing compliments the character and his lifestyle. A main character dies but as I`ve already got one fatwah I`ll leave it at that.

Overall: 8 out of 10

Art

Since this thread is marked "Spoilers - prog 1506" you shouldn't really have toomany problems.

The Amstor Computer

Cover art, courtesy of Dylan Teague's artblog:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/d.teague1/Malone%20300%20colours.jpg">

J.Smith

That looks nothing like the clown! But damned if it isn't a cool pic.

Proudhuff

Jings wit a korker of a Prog,

I feel the Dredd stories is a bit of a filler to the Fargo thang but no doubt it will all tie in nicely

Malone its HIM!! didn't see that coming well done to all, it takes a keen brain to keep the thrills coming this fast

Stone Fire island: that cafiter (sp?) looks well painful nice twist on the alien thang

Dante charging along nicely, am I the only one who constantly reads this and thinks 'Use CREST' every time he gets into trouble but he seldom does, so couldn't Crest get a virus to disable it to made it all a wee bit more plausible?

PS Why so few comments on this prog?

Worried of Olde Reekie  
DDT did a job on me

Dog Deever

I found it hard to start reading mine this week. What do I read first-
Origins? Malone? Or from the megazine: America III? Black Siddha? Back to 2k: look at the Simon Davis art on Stone Island! Back to Meg: Must read the John Wagner article too, and the art looks good on Black Museum. Back to 2k- last of Banzai's, oh and the return of Kraken's head...

Both really good reads this week, thrill buffers at optimal!
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

DavidXBrunt

There were many more comments on the Prog Huff. Many more.

COMMANDO FORCES

Yes all the comments are lost in cyberspace forever.

Goaty

at last we back at 2000adonline.com! want to says i enjoy this Prog 1506, and what a twist with iM'ALONE! but i really think as i re-read last weekend that Ray is not dead, but hidden somewhere... any thoughts? G

Dog Deever

I find it hard to believe he[backslash]'s dead too. Ater all, will it be called [backslash]'Sinister- The Moses Wars.[backslash]'
He didn[backslash]'t actually say he was dead...
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

Goaty

clone ray? work with that asian guy? and would him changes back into his old face???

very brillaint again, but suprised as pick new writer to do it other than good olde Dan!

El Spurioso

Captain Harry Flashman

I reckon Ray Dexter recovered from his wounds but is now locked up in the clink for shooting that cop towards the end of the last story. How he'll get out  of prison is anyone's guess. Even if Sinister managed to bust him out of prison they'd have to go on the run again which leaves Downlode and all it's supporting characters out of the loop. I'm guessing Sin and Dex will be offered a near suicidal, save Downlode & The World type mission, a la the Dirty Dozen, with an official pardon for Dex being the reward if they succeed. Any takers?

WoD

Anyone think the girl in Malone could be someone else, like really?

Proudhuff

aah, didn't realise that a soon as I stopped lurking and moved hoose the board crashes

stable Huff
DDT did a job on me