Main Menu

PROG 1543 - METAL STORM!

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 25 June, 2007, 06:01:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

Not a bad read but I think all you anti breast feeders are going to SHIT your pants!!!!!

You'll see.....

Floyd-the-k

Dredd breast-feeds in public?  Aieee!

Proudhuff

Cover: considering the exciting climax inside a uninspired image really.

Dredd: 'anti breast feeders' A baby sucking a nipple what's the big deal, its what they are for after all, or has the Red Tops convinced you otherwise?
As for the story great stuff even the new boots dont work! Art just right for the story and doesn't detract/distract ( what even track)

Defoe: said it before there is a gem of a story in here, just wish someone had bluepenciled the whole thing first, so much Basil Expo so much background so little moving the story along.

Det X picks up at last Hurrah!

Greysuit: is that Big Dave? can't be.. moving along at a lick now, second point of no return reached.

Dante: fine stuff as it should be

over all a fine prog except the wank mag ad on the back, makes reading this on the Tube/Bus a nono again.

Nip-deek Huff

DDT did a job on me

The_2000AD_Gay

Dredd: I'm liking this. Especially the artwork. I like Dredd artists who can convey the mood of Mega City-1.

Defoe: Probably the best Mills has done in a long time. He seems to have fit a lot in in this particular episode.

D-X: It's finally over, I'm so glad. Dull ending, yawn.

Grey: It's picked up in this episode. It still  needs to have a strong ending to render it a worthy strip.

Dante: The artwork is terrible, and the story doesn't do it for me. Shame as Dante has been shining up to this point.

Dark Jimbo

Where's my prog? Monday's not monday without my prog. Floating down a street somewhere, no doubt. :(
@jamesfeistdraws

Mardroid

Cover: Decent cover, if the story isn't...

Dredd: I like this so far. It's not just the bam bam action you often get in Dredd stories, but you have 2 threads moving forward. It was interesting to see Dredd as the near cold blooded killer one point "I'm a lousy shot!" (brrrr.. ok they had it coming but that was cold) yet showing humanity and what seems some genuine empathy on other points.

Detonator X: Thank goodness it's over. An action filled ending but a bit too contrived for me.  The bad guy so happens to attack before they deal with the alien menace?  (You'd think they'd deal with that first before going at each other. But then that wouldn't give them the chance to act as a bomb would it? Yeah right.) And closing the rift by blowing up the Detonators. (Ooh I just go it, they really are detonators!)? Wouldn't that open the rift further?  And how come all the other colonial authoritiess just decided to close down their plants, just on the say so of what they see as an earth hick... (and a disembodied one at that?) And how about the younger guy suddenly president? A humorous twist, but don't they have any other better qualified guys on Earth? There were so many holes in this ending it's surprising the script didn't create a rift of it's own my living room and suck my head off...

I noticed the girl at the end had the same name as they guys ex partner. I'm assuming she's a daughter or a niece. Otherwise it takes the old man's "I'll always be with you" speech to a whole slightly pervy level (he get's downloaded into new cloned female form. "Wanna try it out pardner...now we can get reeeeally close..." Oooer.)

Sorry. My mind goes to strange places sometimes...

Grey: Getting better definitely, if a bit predictable. You don't think he might just go for the politician do you? Surely not? To be fair though, if he didn't it wouldn't be so satisfying though would it? It's basic stuff... but it's ok.

Defoe: As some have already said, something here. It jumps around a bit, but it's quite interesting. The thing about the angels at the end has me curious... what twisted goings on are, er, going on...

Dante: I don't have much to say on this story except.. good. I understand what others say about the art although I don't mind it. It's interesting how it seems to change from nice to shoddy between characters.

Richard

He's not talking to the girl at the end, he's talking to Prof. Chung in the big robot.

Proudhuff

'Chung in the big robot' there's an instruction you don't hear everyday!!
DDT did a job on me

Trout

More great Dreddness this week. I love an ongoing Wagner Dredd, and the art's pretty special too.

I'm also loving Defoe, despite some stilted dialogue. Mills has always been king of the great idea, and 17th-century zombie attacks are top of the list.
I also love B&W art in the right place - and this is the right place.

Dante keeps on pounding away pleasantly. Matron! How many characters can one series handle? Just about this many. And I'll never get tired of Simon Fraser's art.

I'm glad Detonator X is finished, despite being a major fan of the creators involved. I just didn't get into it.

Likewise Greysuit. As I said before, I'm not keen on that type of story and I'm finding it difficult to enjoy.

Three out of five's pretty good, though.

- Trout

Mardroid

He's not talking to the girl at the end, he's talking to Prof. Chung in the big robot.

Oh right. Now I feel a bit silly... (Still it was a comic if slightly disturbing image...)

I guess he must have downloaded a copy of himself into that capsule that he ejected with the other guy then. Still that's still a bit disturbing. There you are with your consciousness downloaded into a giant robot, and there's your mate using your chest as a love nest....

JudgePrager

Dredd... interesting. To be honest I'm not sure about this one. Could someone explain to me how Dredd came to invite his cousins to the city in the first place, since he knows full well the policy on mutants (I missed the early parts of origins)?

Defoe - pretty garbled episode. Isaac Newton is starting to rack up a fair number of appearances, isn't he? Reserving judgement so far.

DX - gained some energy at the end, but Chung's continued survival robs its best moments of any import. Adequate, no more (and maybe less).

Greysuit - Bit violent for a covert assassin, isn't he? Pretty clunky so far, not one of Mills' better efforts.

Dante - Love it. First page is brilliant, especially the last shot of Dante. The rest is a bit varied, but this is still the best thing in the prog. Just one thought: isn't detecting hidden cameras the sort of thing Dante should be prepared for? He really needs to get some sort of advanced technological doodad to check for those sort of things, some sort of advanced battle-computer or something...oh.

paulvonscott

"Could someone explain to me how Dredd came to invite his cousins to the city in the first place, since he knows full well the policy on mutants (I missed the early parts of origins)?"

They said they'd drop by sometime.  Dredd thought it easier to say 'sure', expecting them not to take up the offer.

Roger Godpleton

Cover - If only this what the series had actually been like. Good Stuff.

Dredd - Wagner seems to be going for the slow burn here, which is just fine with me. As with most of the best Dredd stories you don't know which direction the story's going to take. Colin MacNeil produces another stirling piece of work as well. Great Stuff.

Defoe - The world gets fleshed out a bit more without it all getting too expositiony. I'm not sure that this should get a sequel in the future but for now I have no complaints. Very Good Stuff.

Det X: pfff. Bad Stuff.

Greysuit: This reads like some really awful TV movie. Why does this evil minister have to be a kiddie - fiddler? Surely we can get that Greysuit's masters are corrupt without this nonsense? And what was the point of that social services stuff? The hyper violence serves to make this even more bizarre. Really Bad Stuff.

Dante: I would like to have seen Elena get captured, especially as she was so fighty last week. The stuff between Jena and Arkady is intriguing and we seem to be moving towards some new crisis. Simon rocks the shit this week. Great Stuff.  
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

W. R. Logan

>Dredd... interesting. To be honest I'm not sure about this one. Could someone explain to me how Dredd came to invite his cousins to the city in the first place, since he knows full well the policy on mutants

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c212/rico2074/invite.jpg">

the shutdown man

I'm liking Defoe more and more, although storywise it does seem to jump around a bit (frankly, apart from fighting zombies, I'm not too sure what Titus is actually doing). But with the last panel this week it seems like something is about to kick into motion. And I love the old-fashioned dialogue; "Shoe the goose! That's all we need...."

But DetX was pants, a waste of ten weeks, and Graysuit, apart from some bonecrunching artwork is still doing nothing for me.

Dredd and Dante are still at the top of their games however. I still maintain my Dimitri/Arkady weapons crest theory though. When I see a scene like this week's one with him trying to get close to Jena, I think there's something far more sinister going on.

You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.