Main Menu

TV card????????

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 25 December, 2007, 09:06:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

I had a analogue/digital TV usb stick (with ariel) given to me for a present and I have just tried to set it up on my laptop.
Now it has installed okay but it says that I have not got a TV card installed. Is this something extra that I have to buy and if so are they of a reasonable price.
Remember I am slowly building my knowledge of this stuff up so be gentle with me.
Cheers  John.

Buddy

I got one of those a while ago, didn't need a tv card though.

It might have something to do with the arial. Are you trying to use a little wire thing that came with the usb stick?

If so, they are pish and I had to use the main house arial to pick up the digital signal.

This kinda made the whole point of the thing usless, not very portable when attached to a house!!

gnilleps

I'd guess it's a set-up thing. It's probably looking for an internal card unstead of an external usb device. But unless you're on a mac I can't help more than to say look in the preferences and settings.

Peter Wolf

I just had a call from my Dad .He has just bought another laptop and mentioned TV cards.Apparently you pay 60 quid or so for the card and it enables the computer or laptop to receive digital tv so you watch on the laptop instead of a TV.[cant imagine why you would want to do that!]

But anyway thats what a Tv card is.

hope this helps.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Noisybast

Your TV USB stick *is* a TV card. Sounds like it might not be installed properly. Try removing & reinstalling the drivers.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!