Main Menu

Prog 1587: Zarjaz!

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 16 May, 2008, 07:16:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

I love the cover on this by Cliff Robinson, I wonder if this is the alien version of Rufus getting his tats done?

pauljholden

http://www.2000adonline.com/covers/2000ad/hires/1587.jpg'>

This one?

satchmo

Man I love Sir Clifford Robinson.

Darren Stephens

That is some great drawing there! xx
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

+rufus+

Yup..that's my Dredd tattoo on the lower arm!

:-)

rufus

Art

That's really quite lovley, and the most inventive "Tharg and his characters" cover we've seen for ages.

Mardroid

That's quite a scary looking alien. Is that a bit of skin peeling off his/her back (in front of the robot's left hand)?

I wonder why the Johnny Alpha face as he isn't in that issue. Maybe an ad for the next story arc coming up?

DavidXBrunt

Possibky a delayed cover or just an iconic figure for a generix cover. I trink yon robot has a tissue in his left hand for dabbing ink, as opposed to skin.

JayzusB.Christ

Cool! The Johnny's helmet / Dredd's chin confusion is ace and all. I like these non-story related covers, they're always a bit more imaginative and striking
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Matt Timson

Tsk- how stupid is that guy going to feel once he realises that his tattoo is out of date?

I'm not usually a big fan of Cliff Robinson (nothing wrong with his work, it just doesn't do much for me), but that's really nice.  The schoolboy within is particularly amused by what appears to be ladies' bits around the eyes...
Pffft...

Mardroid

I trink yon robot has a tissue in his left hand for dabbing ink, as opposed to skin.

Heh. Trust my mind to take it to a dark place.

Floyd-the-k

that cover rocks!

Why oh why don't I have Staked Out yet? Curse you, postal services of Australia and the UK!!

Jim_Campbell

"Yup..that's my Dredd tattoo on the lower arm!"

Is that one from the trio of utterly fantastic McMahon Dredds from the Judge Dredd Annual of 198-- bugger, I can't remember!

You know the one, though ... the one with three utterly fantastic McMahon strips in it. 1986? Someone help a senile old fart out, here ...

(I'm wondering if it's 1982, which also had a fantastic McM cover, but I really don't know ...)

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

+rufus+

1982, Jim!

yup... and one of the first original pieces of art I bought.

:-)

Jim_Campbell

Well, my prog arrived this morning. I'm still only reading Dredd and Dead Signal.

Ho hum ...

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.