Main Menu

MECHANISMO V MEAN MACHINE ANGEL

Started by IAMTHESYSTEM, 04 August, 2008, 09:10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IAMTHESYSTEM

Did the Robot law enforcer Mechanismo ever face down Mega City 1's finest cyborg psychopath the Mean Machine Angel?

Now that would surely be a contest worth having. Two maniacs for the price of one.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Richard

No that never happened. Mean Machine did team up with Judge Death a couple of times though, so you can get "two maniacs for the price of one" if you read "The Three Amigos" or "Judgement on Gotham," which are both graphic novels.

Pete Wells

Yup, it did happen! In Megazine Vol 3 No 74.

It was a Harke and Burr tale by Grennie and Paul Marshial. The original artwork was on eBay for it just last week.

Peter Wolf

Anyone who hasnt read Judgement on Gotham is seriously missing out.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

SamuelAWilkinson

QuoteAnyone who hasnt read Judgement on Gotham is seriously missing out.

I think I'd trade not having read Judgement on Gotham in exchange for wiping all memories of the dire Vendetta in Gotham.
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

Pete Wells

Oh man, Vendetta in Gotham was cool! Dredd and Bats fighting in the park was great!

It was the Riddler one that I thought was shite, to this day I still don't know what the end was all about! Doomsday or somesuch - anyone like to explain it to me?

IndigoPrime

Quote from: "Pete Wells"to this day I still don't know what the end was all about
It was about extending the crossover series, to provide enough time for Fabry to get his stuff in for Die Laughing (which was supposed to be the sequel to Judgement on Gotham). In the end, they just got other people to finish that off.

Robin Low

Quote from: "Pete Wells"Oh man, Vendetta in Gotham was cool! Dredd and Bats fighting in the park was great!

I agree. It was the best of them all. Die Laughing had some good moments, but Vendetta got just about everything right.

Regards

Robin

SamuelAWilkinson

Did I read the same Vendetta as everyone else? Thirty pages of Dredd and Bats having a punchup in a park followed by the world's stupidest exposition ([spoiler]Well, Batman, I started this crossover fight solely because we're going to have another, more exciting crossover later on and I need you alive for that.[/spoiler]) does not an excting comic make.
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

dweezil2

Quote from: "SamuelAWilkinson"Did I read the same Vendetta as everyone else? Thirty pages of Dredd and Bats having a punchup in a park followed by the world's stupidest exposition ([spoiler]Well, Batman, I started this crossover fight solely because we're going to have another, more exciting crossover later on and I need you alive for that.[/spoiler]) does not an excting comic make.

No it was filler of the highest order-though it did feature some great Cam Kennedy art, so it wasn't all bad. Die Laughing, on the other hand, was great.
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Cthulouis

Now, it has been a very long time since I read Vendetta, but would it not have been simpler if Dredd had used one of those riot foam back pack things?

Roger Godpleton

Quote from: "Cthulouis"Now, it has been a very long time since I read Vendetta, but would it not have been simpler if Dredd had used one of those riot foam back pack things?

Playing Devil's advocate you could argue that Batman would have found a way out "because he's Batman". Presumably Dredd knew the kind of guy he was and realised he would have to do it himself.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!