Main Menu

Life is sometimes sort of okay because...

Started by House of Usher, 23 March, 2009, 05:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmallBlueThing

Because ive just realised that next weekend, my youngest son will be exactly the same age i was when 2000AD prog one came out- 6 years and eight months. To make this even better, he and i have just had an involved conversation over tea about comics, and how he'd like to practice his reading so he can understand things like spider-man *and judge dredd* on his own. I nearly cried, he was so serious about it, and im wtiting this from my front step, where ive gone for a fag to calm down.

SBT

COMMANDO FORCES

This morning at work we had an ammonia leak and so quite a few of us were sent home early, on full pay.
I managed to get home in time to watch the second half of the Canada V Japan match and then have a long sleep  :thumbsup:

mogzilla

'cos after a longish bout with deppression i realised i'm actually feeling like...well, me!

COMMANDO FORCES

After two years of hell due to two scum families renting next door (thanks to our taxes) we've had a new family for the last 3 months or so and they are hilarious.
He looks like Jason Statham while she looks like a prim and proper school teacher from The Little House On The Prairie and they are quite a nice couple.
The thing is, they don't know that the walls are not thick enough to muffle their antics. It's like living next to John and Mary O'Leary from Father Ted. It's always funny when they've been at each others throats and then we see one of them in the back garden and we chat like nothing has happened, so British  :lol:

Proudhuff

glad you got rid of the previous lot, they sounded a nightmare. You should make a point of 'dropping in' on the newbies when they're at full tilt  :D
DDT did a job on me

COMMANDO FORCES

Dandontdare

Had  to go to a work thing "daahn saarf" today. It was near Heathrow and they flew me business class (cos the cheaper tickets are non refundable if date had changed), so on the way back I had two hours to enjoy mixing with my social superiors in the British Airways Rich Bastards Lounge.

It was another world, as I usually fly EasyRyan. Big leather sofas, free internet and papers, free hot and cold buffet and an open bar - just loads of open bottles of wine, fridges full of beer and optics. I stuffed my face, drank best part of a bottle of very nice red wine and filled my pockets with free crisps and peanuts. And didn't stab any of the braying tossers in the face with my fork.

mogzilla

report for decontamination on arrival back in the homelands ,chips and gravy and some bitter...

SmallBlueThing

Because im sitting at the top of an umpteen billion year old cliff face, overlooked by a nine hundred year old castle and gazing down over a beach crammed with thousands of people, some of whom are fighting with lightsabers. Im here with my two children, having just seen hundreds of people parading with flaming torches and dressed as skeletons and buxom wenches, waiting for a £100,000 firework display celebrating nearly a thousand years of history in my home town. It's a balmy night, we dont need hats and the stars are out. Weve talked about whats on the dark side of the moon, the pole star and the plough. In ten minutes the sky will explode with light and colour.

Perhaps this should have been in the 'drokking fantastic' thread after all.

SBT

SmallBlueThing

Except- spoke to soon. Someone just fell off the cliff, and as usual its up to muggins here to get the rescue people. Hope he/she's okay!

SBT

SmallBlueThing

Minor head injury, apparently. A lucky escape i reckon.

Fireworks were great!

SBT

SpetsnaZ99

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 15 October, 2011, 10:02:17 PM
Minor head injury, apparently. A lucky escape i reckon.

Fireworks were great!

SBT

I'm starting to appreciate your humour now. Hope it spoil the evening too much.
You ever notice that everyone who believes in creationism looks really unevolved? Eyes real close together, big furry hands and feet. "I believe God created me in one day." Yeah, looks like he rushed it.

SmallBlueThing

Not sure what you mean there- which i'll admit is becoming the norm! ;-) but no, it didnt spoil the evening thanks- and the boys got to take a very small part in a heroic cliff rescue, (with winches, and police, and ambulance and everything). Down side is that despite there being a couple of hundred people up there with us, no one bothered to do anything about it when the distraught man started shouting that his mate had fallen off the cliff. Not one. And it was left to me to heroically, er, run over to the rescue van and let them know.
Even my littlest noticed and commented that 'the teenagers were just laughing about it and you were the only one who did anything'.
Instant hero daddy, that's me.
But im glad he was okay, whoever he was.
SBT

IAMTHESYSTEM

Hero!

I'd have done nothing so good on you SBT for showing some initiative.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Trout

I demand a costume be designed for Smallbluethingman!

Well done to you.

- Trout