Main Menu

Borag Thungg fellow 2000ADers

Started by planetmirth, 20 October, 2009, 08:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

planetmirth

Thanks Dandontdare for showing me a great thread. I'm glad you liked the cityscape and as for the cyclops - most of my family and friends find it disturbing  ;)

Thanks also Mike for the words of encouragement. I'm working my way through a lot of DrWho 3D model making at the moment, but I'm inspired to get stuck into doing some 2000AD related work once that's done.

As for the geeky nitpicking - I love it - it helps turns very good work, into brilliant work. I'll try to upload something here as soon as I can, so let the geeky nitpicking begin  ;)
'A computer once beat me in chess... but it was no match for me in kick-boxing!'
Visual Effects Examples

Bouwel

QuoteDo you think it would be popular?

Oh yes, more so than you can imagine! Throw in some Rogue Trooper cross sections and you'll be able to hear the nerd-gasms no-matter where you are in the UK.

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

planetmirth

QuoteThrow in some Rogue Trooper cross sections and you'll be able to hear the nerd-gasms no-matter where you are in the UK.

That's spooky. I had thought that it could make a nice series - first Judges, then Rogue Trooper then Strontium Dog.

In the animation I'm working on at the moment, I intended to put in background objects relating to all the TV shows, films and comics that I enjoy. I was just going to do some "Chooper" graffiti for 2000AD, but I suppose a judges helmet or badge would be better - and would justify me doing a test model.

Thanks guys - I'll definitely look into this again in the new year... if not before. ;D

'A computer once beat me in chess... but it was no match for me in kick-boxing!'
Visual Effects Examples

Mike Gloady

3D models of the entire ABC squad (including BOTH of Mek-Quake's main bodies).  You know it makes sense!
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

SmallBlueThing

welcome, sir! prog one eh? tch. newbies! some of us were reading from 'Action'. ;-) sbt

planetmirth

Yes Mike, I think the ABC warriors are crying out for a 3D treatment - robots are much easier to model than organic forms - not easy, but easier. I'll add them to the list! Oh dear, it's already an impossibly long list  ;)

Quotewelcome, sir! prog one eh? tch. newbies! some of us were reading from 'Action'. ;-) sbt

Nice one SmallBlueThing. I remember getting a letter published (I think it was prog 2000) It was written from the perspective of someone living in a parallel universe where time was moving in the opposite direction - there 2000ad was moving away from full colour artwork on glossy paper and starting to print all the stories B/W use cheaper newsprint etc.etc. Anyway, I posed the question, "What will be the name of 2000AD after prog 1?" as a parody of the then burning topic, "What will 2000AD be called in the year 2000?". I believe the answer was "Action" (or Battle) - either way it made me laugh  ;D
Visual Effects Examples

planetmirth

Hi, For those that expressed an interest in my 3D work, I thought you might like to see my current WIP - not so much for the Dalek, but for the graffiti  ;)

Visual Effects Examples

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Mike Gloady

Like that mate. 

Wouldn't mind seeing a Dalek invasion of MC1 actually. 

planetmirth

Thanks Legendary and Mike.

Perhaps that should be the next crossover - Dredd vs The Daleks!  ;)
Visual Effects Examples

Mike Gloady

I'm not a huge Dr Who fan, but I'd quite like to see that, if only as a "what if" (unlike the other crossovers which have become part of Dredd continuity).

planetmirth

Yes Mike, for me Dr.Who was more a childhood thing that I haven't followed religiously since adulthood (unlike 2000AD). However as it's the main player in town as far as VFX on UK TV is concerned I thought I'd put together some effects on that theme - at least until 2000AD start making TV shows ;)
Visual Effects Examples

Hoagy

Steve wild did a top Nemesis piece before he got too busy. There must be a thread on it somewhere guiding you to the you tube spot of it. I'm on the phone at the mo so pretty useless beyond chirping on about it.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

planetmirth

Thanks Krombasher, I'll see if I can find it.
Visual Effects Examples

Martin Howe

Borag thungg Planetmirth, nice to see another one there from the beginning :)
In space, no-one can hear you KILL an ALIEN
Facebook Flickr Twitter