Main Menu

If you have a problem, if no-one else can help, and if you can find them....

Started by the shutdown man, 24 October, 2009, 07:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the shutdown man

You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

Paul faplad Finch

I don't know why ,but I have no feelings about this one way or another. I should be torn between railing against pointless remakes and insane excitement just because it's the A-Team. But I'm just, well, not.

It doesn't mean that round my way
Pessimism is Realism - Optimism is Insanity
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read

SmallBlueThing

Who are those people? I don't recognise anyone. And why isn't Mr T playing B.A again? He's patently still about- flinging his "nuts" from a helicopter in the adverts and still being exactly the same. If, whoever that is, is just going to do an impression of Mr T, well that just brings it down to the level of a 'Dead Ringers' sketch.

I've recently watched a goodly proportion of all five series of The A Team, thanks to being on Outreach to two disabled gentlemen who were briefly obsessed. Marvellous series- funny, repetitive, nice idea behind it, Richard Christian Matheson as story-editor along the way, good gags, splendid splendid.

I was quite enthusiastic about this, until that picture.

SBT

mygrimmbrother

the shutdown man

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 24 October, 2009, 08:35:39 PM
And why isn't Mr T playing B.A again? He's patently still about- flinging his "nuts" from a helicopter in the adverts and still being exactly the same. If, whoever that is, is just going to do an impression of Mr T, well that just brings it down to the level of a 'Dead Ringers' sketch.

I believe he's currently busy being the face of the FlavourWave Oven on morning television, which is enough to make me seriously consider buying one.

I'm looking forward to it to be honest. I think the casting is spot-on, apart from Bradley Cooper who I know nothing about really so I can't say, and Joe Carnahan's last two films have been great.
You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

Roger Godpleton

BA Baracus is played by Quentin "Rampage" Jackson. Career highlights include going on a literal rampage in his truck which had his own huge picture emblazoned on the side.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

TordelBack

Now I'm really confused - B.A. is going to be played by an actor?  Madness!

Jared Katooie

Quoteflinging his "nuts" from a helicopter

That was definitely not in the ad I saw.

Bouwel

Oh god...they look more like the Gay Team than A Team.

Another childhood memory up in smoke thanks to the Hollywood juggernaught.

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

Radbacker

as long as no one die's and we get nice shots of the bad guys obviously not dead all will be fine.  No probs with that publicity shot .

CU Radbacker

Zarjazzer

The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Very different but I think the culture shock is a little too much for me!
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Professor Bear

Already beaten to the punch in the usual subtle way that professional wrestlers have when they cut a promo... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8Kt2jHnMh0

I don't really have any problem with this.  I thought the Knight Rider revival was about as good as it was going to be and this'll be alright if they get the right mix of scam/heist movie and action sequences.