Main Menu

hello

Started by jone5, 12 November, 2009, 03:06:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newmark

Your name would be Jonathan Jones would it? If so, it's eerily similar to my own name - and your arrival so close to my own would push it into 'almost spooky' territory...

Anyway, I'm Nathan Jones, welcome from another newbie!

jone5

Quote from: Newmark on 14 November, 2009, 09:15:49 PM

Your name would be Jonathan Jones would it? If so, it's eerily similar to my own name - and your arrival so close to my own would push it into 'almost spooky' territory...

Anyway, I'm Nathan Jones, welcome from another newbie!

My nickname in the dark old days when i worked was johnny 5 after short circuit because my job was operating machine 5. I thought you were quite good in the wwe Nathan :)

OpusAndBill

Hello, and welcome aboard. Out of idle curiosity, are there many comic book shops in NI?
Boasting the efficacy of Oliver Wendell Jones' Hair Tonic.

jone5

Quote from: OpusAndBill on 19 November, 2009, 05:54:23 PM
Hello, and welcome aboard. Out of idle curiosity, are there many comic book shops in NI?

I don't think so. I use ebay for my swamp thing collection.

planetmirth

QuoteHello, and welcome aboard. Out of idle curiosity, are there many comic book shops in NI?

There are a couple, but not many. When I needed to track down comics in my youth I couldn't find any - I had to either do it via mail* or a rare trip to London, which always included a stop at Forbidden Planet.

*No internet in them days. Tell that ta kids these day, and they wouldn't believe ya! ;-)
'A computer once beat me in chess... but it was no match for me in kick-boxing!'
Visual Effects Examples

Colin MacNeil

Hello and welcome.

flip-r mk2

It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana

OpusAndBill

Quote from: planetmirth on 23 November, 2009, 04:11:26 PM
QuoteHello, and welcome aboard. Out of idle curiosity, are there many comic book shops in NI?

There are a couple, but not many. When I needed to track down comics in my youth I couldn't find any - I had to either do it via mail* or a rare trip to London, which always included a stop at Forbidden Planet.

*No internet in them days. Tell that ta kids these day, and they wouldn't believe ya! ;-)

I thought there was a Forbidden Planet in Belfast. Has it closed?

Does anyone know if Dark Horizons ever made a comeback?
Boasting the efficacy of Oliver Wendell Jones' Hair Tonic.

planetmirth

QuoteI thought there was a Forbidden Planet in Belfast. Has it closed?

Hi OpusAndBill,  I believe that Forbidden Planet is still open in Ann Street (it was one of the ones I was thinking of - the other one was in the Smithfield Market) - though neither were around in my youth.

Regarding Dark Horizons, I found this which might be of interest:

QuoteSadly, we've only got two left. Hyperspace (nicknamed Hyperinflation due to the way it hiked the price of stuff up like 400%) went under. Dark Horizons went under because someone lit a fire and it set of sprinklers which caused steam to ruin the comics, Talisman is still there but it's now forbidden planet so it's like a toy store but with comics. Impulse comics is in smithfield, it's great.
'A computer once beat me in chess... but it was no match for me in kick-boxing!'
Visual Effects Examples