Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Van Dom

Cooooooool! I'm definately up for these.
Surely they will make a Halo Jones one? I really want a Halo Jones one. My daughter would be stoked too as her name is Halo and, at 7, shes just started getting interested in the source material her name came from. Easy to make too, no awkward costumes or protruding bits to worry about sculpting (well, you know what i mean).
If they go for a "classic characters" range, which they should, she has to be in the mix. Complete with a Toby sidekick!!!! Yes, perfect!!!

I'd also love a Zenith one but thats probably impossible, due to the same reason as the books not being able to be reprinted. :( A Zenith action figure would rock, in face, an entire Zenith range would be fantastic..................... What a terrible waste of a great potential franchise all this red tape business is! Wish Rebellion and Mr Morrison could come to some agreement some day.
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 19 November, 2009, 09:19:44 AM
Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 19 November, 2009, 09:07:42 AM
I've noticed the drop in quality with the Johhny Aplha figure from Reaction. The only Johhny Aplha figure that has been made, not including the statue, I thought I saw somewhere.

It's definitely a attempt to give the Reaction figures more articulation.

I'd swear it's different type of figure from the others.

The little Hands also keep falling off. I gotta be careful with that.

Thrylly, the Johnny Alpha "action figure" isn't an action figure at all. It's a loose collction of small plastic bits, like a 3D jigsaw, designed to explode as soon as you take it out of the box.

I haven't dared take my Durham Red out in case she likewise reduces to her component child-choking parts.

Seriously, I remember as a kid watching a Newsround report on the testing of Star Wars figures for their general appropriatness for kid-play. The shot of a middle aged, aproned, factory worker woman, gnoshing down on See-Threepio, trying to yank his legs off with her teeth has stayed with me into adulthood. There is no bloody way Johnny Alpha would pass similar tests. It's potentially deadly and I don't know how they got away with it.

Mind you, the same can be said of nearly all the "new" Star Wars figures as well- memorably described on another forum as having "the quality of cracker toys"- and all of which fall apart after two minutes. My original Threepio, from circa June 1978, is still in one piece.

I thank that middle-aged robot-biter, wherever she may be.

SBT

Starwars fans and collecter will hate me for this, but I was once given a limited edtion Darth Vader. Bigger than the usaul figure. They were the economy sized figures. I think there only Darth Vader, C3PO, Storm Trooper, & a Sand Raider. Being the nervouis child that I was. I had tedancy to pull apart toys that I tired of, subconsciously, some times. Anyway, I had lost the light sabre, the black latex cape and had somehow removed the flange shaped part of his helmet & ditched that piece. Leaving him with rounder shaped head, with hole a in the top.

Like the asian kappa spirit.

From then on in, it became my favorite bath time toy.

But that was a long long time ago, in a galaxy far far away....

mogzilla

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 18 November, 2009, 12:12:59 PM
With removeable clothing made from real fabric :P, and clicable acessories.

removable clothing? you just earned some time in the cubes creep.

Van Dom

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 19 November, 2009, 07:36:57 PM
and had somehow removed the flange shaped part of his helmet & ditched that piece. Leaving him with rounder shaped head, with hole a in the top.

Jesus Christ. I know Darth Vader was an asshole but nobody deserves torture like that! That was the end of his sexlife.
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: mogzilla on 19 November, 2009, 08:51:55 PM
Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 18 November, 2009, 12:12:59 PM
With removeable clothing made from real fabric :P, and clicable acessories.

removable clothing? you just earned some time in the cubes creep.

Oh, I was just kiddin about that. Seriously, speaking for myself, I do reckon I am really too old for the stuff that is more the toy than a piece of art. I think I've out grown the fully articulated, posebale figures with removeable acessories.

what I reaally want is 2000AD dioarama. A statue of favored characters frozen in action, in mid-leap, mid-swing, or with guns blazin & a piece of relevant background scenery included and maybe a secondary character or thier favored nemesis. Not the Alien sorcerer but their arch-rival. A duel.

I've seen something like this on display with the Star War;: Attack of the Clones collectables.

This one here is Count Dooku dueling with Yoda

Not exactly what I had seen in the shops at the time, Which were all single characters, but frozen in action. They were [Anniekin Skywalker weilding two light sabres[/b], Obi-Wan-Kenobi weilding one, Chewbacca with his Bowcastor, and liklewise a early Storm Trooper & the female bounty hunter.

Here's another of Padmae battling with that strange cat creature in the Geonosian arena.

Bouwel

QuoteHere's another of Padmae battling with that strange cat creature in the Geonosian arena.

Why is she beating off that Tiger?

A Rogue Trooper diorama would make me very happy..

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

Judge Cassidy

I had the full set of ReAction figures, courtesy of 'Your More Store' (RIP) who did them for £3 each. Decent figures, actually. The Legendary Comic Book Heroes Dredd is fantastic, except for the guns, the gold elbow pads (I prefer the green padded style), and the fact that YOU CAN SEE HIS FACE (if you peer up into the helmet)

I expect these new 1/6 figures to be ridiculously priced, á la Hot Toys.

I saw a 1/6 female Street Judge (based on that movie *shudder*) on eBay the other day, unlicenced I think but nicely done.
In this city, Justice comes at a price- that price is FREEDOM!

ThryllSeekyr

I'd be happy with a good Slaine diorama.

What i had in mind was Slaine with his axe firmly buried in some monsters skull underneath as he salmon leaps overhead.

With legs akimbo on eaither side.

Naturally the unforntunate monster is supporting Slaine via his axe while Slaine himself appaers to be leaping. No part of his body touching the ground.

My only other choice would be....

Slaine being held aloft on a shield.

Van Dom

Wouldnt it be cool if Rebellion started to produce one of those monthly magazines like Marvel and DC do, which is basically just a glossy 12pp "history and development of" a certain character that comes with a sculpted model of said character? I dont personally buy them but my brother collects them and he now has two full shelves of those models, and they look fab when all assembled together. I'd love to be able to collect that, a different sculpture every month, it could then cover all the characters, minor as well as major, and you'd get a great collection going.

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Van Dom on 20 November, 2009, 01:21:21 PM
Wouldnt it be cool if Rebellion started to produce one of those monthly magazines like Marvel and DC do, which is basically just a glossy 12pp "history and development of" a certain character that comes with a sculpted model of said character?

Yeah, normally I steer well clear, but... I'd buy that.
@jamesfeistdraws

SmallBlueThing

Quote from: Van Dom on 20 November, 2009, 01:21:21 PM
Wouldnt it be cool if Rebellion started to produce one of those monthly magazines like Marvel and DC do, which is basically just a glossy 12pp "history and development of" a certain character that comes with a sculpted model of said character? I dont personally buy them but my brother collects them and he now has two full shelves of those models, and they look fab when all assembled together. I'd love to be able to collect that, a different sculpture every month, it could then cover all the characters, minor as well as major, and you'd get a great collection going.

No, it would not. Having signed up for "sixty" issues of the Classic Marvel Figurine Collection, I'm slightly peeved to be sitting here staring at well over 120 of the buggering things, with at least another forty still to come. I like 'em too much to stop (and there hasn't been a price rise during the entire run) but they seem to be reeeeally scraping the barrel at the moment: A recent "special" was 'The Destroyer', a character from the early days of Timely comics, whom I'd never heard of and certainly didn't overly want a small sculpture of on my shelf. Yet there he sits.

And the "specials" now routinely sell for £20, as opposed to a tenner when they begun.

But, as I say, I like them too much to stop.

SBT

Teivion

SmallBlueThing-
you are a merchandisers dream!!

D

uncle fester

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 20 November, 2009, 02:09:04 PM
I'm slightly peeved to be sitting here staring at well over 120 of the buggering things, with at least another forty still to come.
SBT

:o Where do you put that many figurines??

SmallBlueThing

Quote from: uncle fester on 20 November, 2009, 02:12:06 PM

:o Where do you put that many figurines??

At the moment they are on the top shelf, overlooking the tv, along with my wife's 12" Nosferatu, her Jack the ripper Living Dead Doll and a Vampire wine coffin, under the framed picture of Bela Lugosi. But they've just recently begun to creep onto the lower shelf, encroaching on her ceramic Edward Scissorhands, electronic haunted house, Peter Cushing and Boris Karloff pictures, and our stuffed black cat "Two-ky" ("Spooky 2", y'see?). Oh, and a pot of vaseline and a pile of video tapes.

SBT

Van Dom

Haha! Ive no idea how many my brother has but I think he has all the Marvel ones and Ive seen DC figures in there as well so God knows. As I said, two full (long) shelves of them!
Surely we wouldnt have that problem with a 2000ad set...I mean, would it go on so long that they would start producing Tao De Moto and Outlaw figurines....maybe  a Mrs. Gunderson..??? (I wouldn't mind a Mrs. Gunderson actually!)

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!