Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inkymonkey

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 26 October, 2016, 11:36:42 PM
You think this is bad, if you joined the Mongoose Dredd kickstarter, then you know what's bad. £300 paid up with a delivery date of December 2012 and I'm still waiting for around half of the kit.
It's only been FOUR years!

Now THAT is something to feel justifiably aggrieved about...

Almost as bad as the lovely folks who are waiting for commissions from me, isn't that right John? ;)

COMMANDO FORCES

I'm too laid back for my own good :lol: :lol: :lol:

TordelBack

Quote from: inkymonkey on 27 October, 2016, 12:05:42 AM
Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 26 October, 2016, 11:36:42 PM
You think this is bad, if you joined the Mongoose Dredd kickstarter, then you know what's bad. £300 paid up with a delivery date of December 2012 and I'm still waiting for around half of the kit.
It's only been FOUR years!

Now THAT is something to feel justifiably aggrieved about...

Almost as bad as the lovely folks who are waiting for commissions from me, isn't that right John? ;)

And now Mongoose doesn't even have the licence anymore. The bit that gets me is that 4 years and dozens of emails later I STILL haven't got a Joe Dredd mini from them. And presumably now never will.

(That isn't to say I haven't received a lot of cool stuff: the ABC Warriors, for example, are great - even if there's inexplicably only 6 of them. And I did eventually get a Pat Wagon, my main reason for pledging,  but it wasn't the version I asked for, and the 3D print job was horribly coarse and the resin hadn't quite filled the mould. So give me 3A any day of the week).

teckno viking

Ahhh Kickstarters however are notorious for taking the cash and leaving you on a wing and prayer John!

Though yeah that is NOT good.

As kickstart got mentioned it is the one thing that annoys me here with 3A.
A Decent Kickstart is trying to generate the cash to go ahead with a project and manufacture, this does take time. Ones I have been in usually a few years. However as said this is from the ground up project so tis expected.

ThreeA are not new to this, they have a factory that makes their stuff.
They tout the prototype for what 6-12months plus, in that time generate drokkin exictement. Then it goes live for pre orders and takes in Jehova knows how much on pre order sales.
Then of course have the customers waiting 12 months near enough or more.

Why in the prototype months of touting are they NOT sorting the issues and tackling it so when pre order goes live, not a huge time frame between?

Seems fairly straight forward to me.

TheTooN

Wow thats bad news on the kickstarter :( I've seen some cool 2000ad miniatures online but never bought any. I did have the role playing game back in the day but never found anyone to play it with. I honestly dont remember any of my school mates being that into 2000ad although plenty played D&D.

Lots of folk are (understandably) pee'd off with the wait for 1:12th Dredd and Lawmaster. If the delays are to give us 'the very best figure' for the price I'll wait as long as it takes and try not to grumble.

I can only assume Mezco Dredd knocked 3A's original Dredd design for six. We are ALL going to compare them as soon as we get our grubby mitts on 3A's. If its piss poor its hard to come back from. I think Mezco's foray into 2000ad is done now. I'd love to see them surprise me though ! It got a lot of new folks looking at their broader 1:12th collective so its done its job. I dont think it sold well overall, blue bike was still available last I checked. Mines still at a friends over the pond, quoted me $90 to ship it today  :o

Despite the delays and lack of direct communication we need to keep supporting 3A if we ever want to see the likes of Rogue, Halo Jones, Kano etc.

If they give us good figures I'll put up with a lot.

Dreddzilla

[quote author=TheTooN link=topic=26850.msg934609#msg934609 date=1477563286

I can only assume Mezco Dredd knocked 3A's original Dredd design for six. We are ALL going to compare them as soon as we get our grubby mitts on 3A's. If its piss poor its hard to come back from. I think Mezco's foray into 2000ad is done now. I'd love to see them surprise me though ! It got a lot of new folks looking at their broader 1:12th collective so its done its job. I dont think it sold well overall, blue bike was still available last I checked.
[/quote] I think they're Dredd would have sold better if they had gone in either a Greg Staples or Brian Bolland look as that look is how many fans would have preferred to have him.

BPP

Quote from: TheTooN on 27 October, 2016, 11:14:46 AM

I can only assume Mezco Dredd knocked 3A's original Dredd design for six. We are ALL going to compare them as soon as we get our grubby mitts on 3A's. If its piss poor its hard to come back from.
Despite the delays and lack of direct communication we need to keep supporting 3A if we ever want to see the likes of Rogue, Halo Jones, Kano etc.

If they give us good figures I'll put up with a lot.

Why would you assume that? I think Mezco's Dredd is 'not very good' but I don't go on about it on the forums because lots of people take joy from it. But if you use it to start shitting on the efforts of 3A then I'm going to take exception.

3A have given us plenty of examples of their 2000AD work now (4 1/6 figures, 5 1/12 figures) and they have all been top notch. Is anyone disappointed by these things in hand?

3A's delays are down to it being a small company that needs to produce commerical items to fund its niche pursuits. 2000AD is the nichest of pursuits out there. They don't deserve anyone levelling 'assumptions' that their initial work was 'knocked for six' when there is zero evidence past or present to support that.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

COMMANDO FORCES

Everyone is just getting narked due to the lack of information and this is what people require more than anything else. Look at everyday life, people waiting for a delayed train and no information coming and so the passengers get wound up.
All we want is to be kept informed a lot better than we are, especially as this seems to be the norm with many of the firms making the products we want and have paid for!

James Stacey

Quote from: BPP on 27 October, 2016, 03:35:47 PM
3A's delays are down to it being a small company that needs to produce commerical items to fund its niche pursuits. 2000AD is the nichest of pursuits out there.
I'd argue that compared to their own line of figures, 2000ad is a pretty big market. I don't think any major movies have been made of any of their original properties?

As John said, its down to communication more than anything else. Not once have I been told anything from them at any point about delays, other than what I've read on here. Courtesy emails don't cost much. They have my consent to mail me about my purchase when I purchased the items.

Banners

It's not just the lack of information—it's also annoying that Rebellion are pimping the 1/6 Dredd model even though the original 1/12 is still AWOL.

BPP

Do you use the 3A forums? Greg is pretty prompt at replying to people there. If there is a delay down to the design team he gives the reason. If its await final approval from Ash he says so.

When it gets to the production line thats a chinese factory without anyone really familar to speaking english and they clearly have their own schedual for production based on a myriad of factors.

3A treat 2000AD no differently to their own lines - its done when its done and its up to standard. I've waited longer for their own lines than I have 20000AD stuff. And yes their own lines are niche - they are pretty open about selling more 'female' figures because it funds their own niche lines. Female figures have a large market, Robots have a smaller but strong market, weird made up Ashley Woods characters have a niche market. But compared to Transformers, Marvel and DC licences or sexy female figures 2000AD is the nichest of the niche.

We should be honest, outside of Dredd 2000AD merch has zero public recognition. Even huge comic fans in the N.American market would be pushed to tell you more than 2 or 3 characters and certainly none of their main stories or key elements. That 3A makes this stuff is astounding, that they knock it out of the park every time is something we should appreciate. The wait and the delays.... unavoidable. Make peace with it cause there is nothing you can do about it. You don't want an ucler either be zen or don't buy. But don't blame, I honestly think its incredible they commit such effort to such a niche zero-profit thing.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

ted5536

I do wish they would keep us a bit more updated, but agree with BPP they do good make a quality product that is worth the wait. I live in the states and do not understand how so many comic readers will not even give Dredd a chance. One of the greatest comic characters and stories ever, but it just gets ignored over here. Cannot even buy 2000 AD from stores, they have to special order them for you.

TheTooN

I've replied to your snarky comment on the 3A Forum BPP.

Short version, I'm not hating on 3A. My post was hoping to calm down folks who are sick of waiting in the dark. I want 3A to succeed and make us as many 2000ad toys as possible for as long as possible. I honestly dont understand your reaction to my post but it pissed me off.

In my experience as a big kid who likes to 'play' with his toys Mezco Dredd beats 3A's Sam Slade and Death by a mile in terms of durability and posability. Thats why I think 3A went to re-design. Its my personal assumption as a guy who collects action figures, nothing more. If 3A's original was that good why dont we have it yet ?

Get off your high horse fella, we are not on opposite sides !

Banners

Let's not fall out—we're going around in circles and we all know the pros and cons on both sides of the argument. We must also be mindful we're talking about a doll based on a made-up futuristic policeman here!

That said, it would be good to clarify moly's implication of delivery being pushed back to 2017 now, as 3A still seem to be showing late October/early November.

TheTooN

I'm absolutely not here to fall out with anyone Banners. I'm starting to get into 2000ad again after a 20+ year hiatus and the last thing I want is to cause trouble with like minded folk.

I expressed an opinion on a little plastic man being better than another little plastic man. And an assumption on the reason for the re-design and delay. Apparently it was enough for BPP to 'take issue'

Now he's off to the 3A Forum and telling Gregory "trouble't mill over at 2000ad forum !" Trouble is caused by delays and non-communication and not a genuine fan of 2000ad, 3A and Mezco who expresses an opinion on a little plastic man.

Once again, I love Mezco and 3A for doing what they are doing and want nothing but continued success for them and for 2000ad.

I dont care when Dredd comes as long as he's worthy. I pre-ordered 2 1/6th Dredds day 1 to show my support for 3A whilst fighting the negative that said WAIT FOR 1:12th in case its poor.