Main Menu

Thrill-powered face-painting

Started by Trout, 31 December, 2009, 03:07:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trout

My daughter got a face-painting kit for Christmas and it's lots of fun. Hopefully this will work:

I'm pleased with that for a first go (it took a while to get the consistency of the paint and the line of the brush right) but the wee book of designs you get with it was pretty uninspiring - all butterflies and bad Spider-man rip-offs.

So it set me thinking... what about comics-related designs? In 2000AD terms, a Dredd helmet would be easy enough, although you'd only manage the front of it unless you put a black balaclava on the poor child.

Can anyone think of other simple 2000AD faces to do? You get the primary colours and some prettier stuff like lilac or silver with a decent face-paints set, and they can be mixed and blended very easily.

Do any of you creative types have any suggestions?

Cheers

- Trout

pauljholden

Tharg  - rosette, plus the goatee thing and lotsa green

-pj

Bolt-01

Slaine should be quite easy- if costly in terms of Hair Gel.

Rogue would be more of a challenge- The eyes are the hard part.

W. R. Logan

locustsofdeath!

Only on this forum could a thread begin with a beautifully innocent little girl in butterfly face-paint and end with a blue-skinned genetically-engineered bombshell carrying a loaded plasma rifle.

Kerrin

Ha-ha-ha, Judge Rose of the undercover butterfly division, class. What about Quinch? The ears would be difficult but worth the effort.

The Legendary Shark

Looks like GIs aren't immune to the cold, and why is she armed with a hoover?

How about Tyranny Rex? A green wash and hours of fun drawing the scales.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Trout

I think Tharg's the best idea so far. If only we had a Dreddcon to look forward to...

Thanks, all!

Noisybast

The Judge Child would be a doddle.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

James Stacey

TordelBack

bluemeanie

hey... hellooooooo blue chick!

sorry, thats all I got.

Though a Mean Machine half face with dial could be fun