Main Menu

Life's so drokking fantastic because (the rebirth)

Started by vzzbux, 22 April, 2010, 08:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

I got an axe in the post this morning! It was wrapped in little more than a plastic bag, much flimsier than anything you'd post a comic book in.

I'm going camping in a Welsh forest next week and have been buying various bits of kit on the internet this last week. If there's one thing better than coming home to comics from Amazon, it's coming home to camping gadgets from ebay.

My axe may need to be painted and given a cool name like Brainbiter however, as it's bright yellow and blue fibreglass. I'll post pics of me surviving in the Cursed Earth (South Wales) when I return, but I won't be checking in (or seeing another human being hopefully) for a few days.

Devons Daddy

SUPER MODEL ME. is being filmed at the place i work,its a reality TV show, with as you may realise SUPERMODELS, and not the airfix kind.

that month the big boss is on leave for most it, hence the task falls upon me to make sure this goes as it should. you know the kind of thing, broad shoulder to lean upon when they cast out. being on board the yachts to make sure the perrier is as it should be, rub sun tan oil upon their delicate skin. the normal work day really.

12 females from this region,vying to be asias next big thing.
you have no idea how I tough it is to hold my post. i may even have to give up days lounging by the pool at home. the tiol i go through.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Peter Wolf

The world Cup is over.

Every 4 years is still too often.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

TordelBack

I found €30 in an old pair of work jeans.  A pre-recession time capsule, a lost dropping of the celtic tiger!  I'm measuring the drokkin' fantasticness of this event against my trying to get home from the office on a €4.75 fill of petrol (they tried to tell me it was below the 'minimum dispensable amount').  A grand end to a grand weekend.

Roger Godpleton

QuoteA grand end to a grand weekend.

You had two ice creams?
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

COMMANDO FORCES

Just back from the post office collection place with my two parcels.
One has loads of promotional cards from the 'Dredd the card game' CCG from Wigcon 99 :o :D
The other parcel is the first page from the Dredd strip in the 1995 2000AD (Alternity) Winter Special :- Perchance to Dream.

I'm also having great fun going through all the pics that are being uploaded by everyone, from the Judge Minty shoot.

ming

I've been basking in the warm glow of Thrill Power Overload all last week, and it's fantastic.

I'll also have a few pages of Cam Kennedy Dredd art on the way before long (including a cover) and rediscovered a load of old sketches from UKCAC '88 - Yeowell Zenith, Colin Wilson Blueberry, Fabry Bricktop, Mike Collins Ukko, Liam Sharp Chopper.

Woo-hoo! :D

Dunk!

Off to see The Wonder Stuff tonight!

Yay! This will bookend 20 years since i saw them at Kent Uni and meet the love of my summer! Ah Christie whatever happened to you?...

Older and fatter (me and them) but still going to jump around like a mad thing.

Heart attack number 1 here i come.
"Trust we"

vzzbux

I went to see The Wonder Stuff back in 85 when they were supporting Zodiac Mindwarp and the Love Reaction. We boo'ed them off stage because they were shit.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

worldshown

Lucky, lucky bastard!

Monday, I received my ticket to see them in Cardiff tomorrow only to find that the gig has been cancelled.

The council apparently imposed strict sound restrictions on the Cooper's Field venue following a Florence and the Machine gig.

Richmond Clements

QuoteThe council apparently imposed strict sound restrictions on the Cooper's Field venue following a Florence and the Machine gig.

Am I the only one who sees something really wrong with this..?

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 14 July, 2010, 08:59:41 PM
QuoteThe council apparently imposed strict sound restrictions on the Cooper's Field venue following a Florence and the Machine gig.

Am I the only one who sees something really wrong with this..?

If you mean that the sound restrictions should have been imposed on the venue BEFORE the Florence And The Machine gig then yes i do see something very wrong with it.

Such a stupid name for a band as well.

TordelBack

Peter Wolf

Dunk!

Well seeing as they didn't form until 86 they must have been super shit in 85.  :P

I'm so hungover even my hair aches. Great gig though.
"Trust we"