Main Menu

Life's so drokking fantastic because (the rebirth)

Started by vzzbux, 22 April, 2010, 08:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmallBlueThing

My 2000AD tshirt has just arrived! WOOT! It's the £5 "Believe it!" one, with the lovely 80s chrome logo and the Cliff Robinson Dredd. I shall wear it in glamourous places and you shall all be proud of me.

SBT

COMMANDO FORCES

Just back from a great time in the attic (for me), Carolyn said she needed a black bag that she thinks is up there (she's staying at a friends house in London tomorrow as they're seeing Muse at Wembley) so we went looking for it. I was side tracked by all my posters that are in tubes and spent a good ten minutes looking at ones that I didn't even know I had!
I'm off tomorrow so I may have to drag them all down for a photo session, weather depending  :D

By the way, we did find her bag!

vzzbux

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 09 September, 2010, 09:29:35 AM
My 2000AD tshirt has just arrived! WOOT! It's the £5 "Believe it!" one, with the lovely 80s chrome logo and the Cliff Robinson Dredd. I shall wear it in glamourous places and you shall all be proud of me.

SBT

Still waiting for mine. It was supposed to have been posted on the 4th >:(

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Devons Daddy

FIVE POUNDS
this the subscribers deal they are talking about.

I WANT ONE!!!!
i am proud you, i shall wear mine and be proud also.

My rogue trooper statue is on its way Denise says. WOOOHOOOOO! DR&Quinch are stunning by the way. money well spent.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

SmallBlueThing

No, from Play.com, a fiver inc postage. Be warned: Play, in their wisdom, dispatch the tshirt (which folds up small enough to pass through any letterbox, even mine), in a bloody massive pizza box, meaning missed posties, little red cards and trips to your sorting office, if you dont hover inside your front door waiting to pounce in the nanosecond between feeble knock, and them driving away.
SBT

Dunk!

A whole GN of brand new Brendan McCarthy comic strip, none of which I've seen. :o

Joy-gasm!
"Trust we"

House of Usher

I'm doing unskilled manual work for minimum wage up to 60 hours a week and I'm the happiest I have been for almost 3 years. My girlfriend is very happy with the change she has seen in me lately, and tonight said "maybe you should have stayed closer to your working class roots all along and not tried to be something you're not." I doff my cap.
STRIKE !!!

JOE SOAP

maryanddavid

There is nothing like a bit of manual labour to free up the mind, not computers phones faxes, just the sound of whats going on in the real world.
I usually do a bit of farm work at the weekend with 'me father', I try to keep up with my garden as well, spud onions etc.
The one thing that get the kid going at this time of year is the pumkins and squashes, they are starting to grow, and the kids are allreay planning the faces!  One of the few American plants that grow quite well at this lattitude.

David

House of Usher

Quote from: maryanddavid on 11 September, 2010, 12:20:09 AM
There is nothing like a bit of manual labour to free up the mind, not computers phones faxes, just the sound of whats going on in the real world.

I try to keep up with my garden as well, spud onions etc.

If faut cultiver notre jardin, as Voltaire famously put it.  ;)
STRIKE !!!

Devons Daddy

i have started cooking for fun again.

after years of the professional stuff that i alway enjoyed, which i have now left behind, i rediscovered why i did it again. it is a pleasure to cook for family and friends. its the hard labour thing for me also.

Odd isn't it, the simpler life offers to much pleasure. recognizing this makes life drokking fantastic.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Kerrin

Who the fuck are you?

Just kidding, how was The Priory?

Peter Wolf

Not sure if this is the right place for it as in the right thread as i couldnt find an appropriate gaming thread.

I am playing a military stealth based game that is realistic and playing against unpleasent Polish terrorists and there is something really satisfying about having the target in my scope and just waiting for the right moment while remaining unseen before i deliver one round to the head from a silenced M16 variant.Even better than that is when they know i am there somewhere and they creep forwards and then i just wait until they have lined themselves up into my scope and then down they go.

Another thing i like is when the target is moving and i predict where they are going to move to and they walk right into my line of fire.

Headshots are always best as the target doesnt struggle as they dont know what hit them.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Richmond Clements