Main Menu

Life's so drokking fantastic because (the rebirth)

Started by vzzbux, 22 April, 2010, 08:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kerrin

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 16 September, 2010, 08:32:36 AM
Cabbies, 2xSiniDex, Bec and Kawl and Droid Life have just arrived! Woot! I now have stuff to read tonight while herself is up in that London.
SBT

All my stuff from Mongoose turned up at work today as well. Totally forgot I'd ordered it. What a nice surprise. Even better was the fact I hadn't realised that Lowlife with the Ninja babies is in Mega-city Undercover, JOY!

Noisybast

My bumper pack of thrill-power turned up yesterday. Bec & Kawl, Caballistics Vol 2, Droid Life, Judge Dredd: Henry Flint, Mega City Undercover, Simping Detective and Storming heaven. Oh, and a semi-knackered copy of the Making of Rogue Trooper. Looks like a slightly botched printing, but for a couple of quid, I'm not too bothered.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Peter Wolf

I love Fibrocem :

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:dFRrbO228UYJ:www.fibrocem.com/+fibrocem&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk&client=firefox-a

I use this product a lot in my work and its approved by English Heritage for use on historic buildings in certain instances.There is no other product on the market that is as good as this plus this is what i will be casting repro garden statuary with as when it is unadulterated when it is set and fully dry it has the appearence of Limestone/Portland stone.

I was doing some freehand sculpting today repairing broken and chipped architectural detailing on the outside of a building and i finished it in 2 hours and that simply would not be possible without Fibrocem as it has a fast set and is easily shaped/sculpted with a small tool.

Lovely stuff
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

JayzusB.Christ

'Thirty.......the promise of a decade of loneliness, a thinning list of single men to know, a thinning briefcase of enthusiasm, thinning hair.'

Fuck off, F. Scott Fitzgerald, I've enjoyed my 30s much more than my 20s so far.  More confidence, more money, and fewer worries. Never expected that

EDIT: And give me better quality friends over more friends any day.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

JOE SOAP

I second that, my twenties were pretty much bollocks.

Something Fishy

I've been offered an interesting looking job in the education sector, an area i'm really interested in.  As an analyst within info systems.

I have a pretty good job already though doing similar in social housing so am unsure what to do.

I am aware how lucky I am to have he choice, hence this thread.

Dandontdare

Quote from: Something Fishy on 17 September, 2010, 08:36:16 PM
I've been offered an interesting looking job in the education sector, an area i'm really interested in.  As an analyst within info systems.

I have a pretty good job already though doing similar in social housing so am unsure what to do.

I am aware how lucky I am to have he choice, hence this thread.

Sad to say, loyalty, experience and length if service count for very little in the employment market, so I'd say go for it. There's always a temptation to stay in a job if you don't know if you'll enjoy the next one as much a what you're doing, but it may turn out to be even better. And when it does come time to move on, your CV looks better with an extra position on it.

maryanddavid

Mary bough two tickets to Horslips today, in Castlebar at the end of November. Really looking forward to it, first concert Ive gone to in years that I actually wanted to go to!

David

Devons Daddy

Wife bought me tickets for the BACK TO EIGHTIES concert! In the park with the dj,some truly guilty pleasure bands and sigers,with the likely hood of a balmy warm evening and a sponsored beer tent! Expecting 1000 balding expats,with a heavy level of board slighty bemused young asain partners. Headliner Rick astley  :-[ truly looking forward to it  :D

I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Something Fishy

Quote from: Dandontdare on 17 September, 2010, 09:36:19 PM

Sad to say, loyalty, experience and length if service count for very little in the employment market, so I'd say go for it. There's always a temptation to stay in a job if you don't know if you'll enjoy the next one as much a what you're doing, but it may turn out to be even better. And when it does come time to move on, your CV looks better with an extra position on it.

Thanks for that.  Much appreciated.

The only thing that's stopping me is that I'm part time in my current role due to eye problems and not 100% sure how my eyes will hold up if back full time.  It's a much more balanced role so they should but it's a worry.

It's nice having the time when p/t but a tad boring too and i just fill the time with housework, in that sense it'll be nice to have a fresh challenge.  I've been in my place for ten years so a fresh start would be good in many ways.

It's a tricky one.

SmallBlueThing

Mr Pat Mills has just said, over on Facebook, that 'there are plans next year for a big collection of all the Flesh strips to date' (or words to that effect).
WOOHOO!
SBT

vzzbux

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 20 September, 2010, 08:50:57 AM
Mr Pat Mills has just said, over on Facebook, that 'there are plans next year for a big collection of all the Flesh strips to date' (or words to that effect).
WOOHOO!
SBT
Good news indeed.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Dunk!

The latest volume of Blacksad has arrived at my desk.

I don't read French so I'll just oogle the stunning art whilst making up my own story to match the pictures.
"Trust we"

Mikey

To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Paul faplad Finch

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 20 September, 2010, 08:50:57 AM
WOOHOO!
SBT

Do you know what, I could have sworn that (ahem) Robok33f, dropped a pretty heavy hint to that effect on here recently. I looked for it afterwards and couldn't find it and since no-one seemed to be getting excited I figured I'd imagined it or it was an old idea that had come to naught (I tend to read random old threads when I'm bored). Nice to know I'm not going insane.
It doesn't mean that round my way
Pessimism is Realism - Optimism is Insanity
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read