Main Menu

Life's so drokking fantastic because (the rebirth)

Started by vzzbux, 22 April, 2010, 08:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote from: Darren Stephens on 30 April, 2011, 08:53:14 PM
Had a great day out at Paultons Park and Peppa Pig world today.

I had never heard of Peppa Pig World until this post.  Now I see it as an inescapable part of my future.  Is it any good?  My little girl isn't 2 yet, but she loves Peppa - would it be a plan for next year?

vzzbux

Peppa Pig has to be the single most awful program ever. The image the creators portray is horrible. She is a snotty little imp who virtually gets away with every thing. She teases her brother constantly and gets away with it. Takes credit when others do the deed. She is spoilt and just generally horrible.
Also it is common practice to jump up and down in muddy puddles from which my three year old does whenever she gets the chance.
If you think Lucas likes making money on Merch, just look at the Peppa Pig range.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Darren Stephens

Quote from: TordelBack on 30 April, 2011, 10:05:19 PM
Quote from: Darren Stephens on 30 April, 2011, 08:53:14 PM
Had a great day out at Paultons Park and Peppa Pig world today.

I had never heard of Peppa Pig World until this post.  Now I see it as an inescapable part of my future.  Is it any good?  My little girl isn't 2 yet, but she loves Peppa - would it be a plan for next year?

Well, PP world is quite a small part of Paultons, though there is a lot to do in the rest of ther park. The little 'un loved it. You do have to be over a metre for some of the rides though. The most annoying part is the queueing up, especially for such young ones. I would also say it depends how far you would have to travel. We are lucky to live only about 25 mins away. I say lucky....I can see us having to back again....and again.... :lol:

Edited to say, yep, Vzzbux, I agree.  ;)
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

TordelBack

Quote from: vzzbux on 30 April, 2011, 10:20:43 PM
Peppa Pig has to be the single most awful program ever. The image the creators portray is horrible. She is a snotty little imp who virtually gets away with every thing. She teases her brother constantly and gets away with it. Takes credit when others do the deed. She is spoilt and just generally horrible.

Oh, I agree. And the constant undermining of 'Silly' Daddy Pig sets my teeth a-grinding.  However, my little one chirping 'Peh-pah Peeg' to herself every five minutes has a certain irresistible momentum all its own...

staticgirl

Leaving Comics@SciFi Lon I stumbled upon Billy Bragg giving an open air concert to an assembled multitude on the South Bank. It was awesome - even if you don't know his work very well (ie me). He's a right card. It does turn out I know almost all the words to New England (the MacColl version) though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdeCwSZH4vE

Dandontdare

Jealous of the impromptu Bragg gig.

As for Peppa Pig, I saw a 'live appearance' at a shopping mall last year - as the queue of toddlers got closer to the girl in the six foot foam rubber suit, most of them were clinging desperately to their mums or howling in terror!

DrJomster

The thing that bugs me about PP is that she has far too much chocolate cake. Not the best role model!

We chanced upon Billy Bragg performing outside at the South Bank  a couple of years ago. It was just brilliant! :D

Loving these long weekends btw!
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Richmond Clements

My son saved someone's life today.
A pensioner went off the edge of the train platform on his mobility scooter and landed on the tracks. He and his friends climbed down onto the tracks and rescued him before the train arrived.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Noisybast

Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Richmond Clements

I, Cosh

We never really die.

Dandontdare

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 02 May, 2011, 08:26:34 PM
A pensioner went off the edge of the train platform on his mobility scooter and landed on the tracks. He and his friends climbed down onto the tracks and rescued him before the train arrived.

That could've been tragic, good for them.

It could also have been very, very funny - they didn't manage to video it did they?

TordelBack

Awesome!  Always good to be on the credit side of the genetic balance sheet, even if you have to appear in episode of Benidorm to do it.

Dunk!

That's bloody great. You should be rightly proud.

It also makes you kind of like Jor-El in my book.
"Trust we"