Main Menu

Life's so drokking fantastic because (the rebirth)

Started by vzzbux, 22 April, 2010, 08:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote from: Something Fishy on 07 May, 2011, 11:35:46 AM
Quote from: Emperor on 06 May, 2011, 01:14:13 PM
I just became an uncle!!  :D

Congrats.  

Good on you, Emperor!  I just spent a very pleasant too-few days getting to know my Ozzer niece, all of 21 months old, who I hadn't seen in a year-and-a-half.  She immediately decided that my role in her life was to chase her, or be chased by her, incessantly, for hours at a stretch.  On catching/being caught she was to be inverted, held by the legs and then spun around vigorously prior to being released.  Being an uncle is the business.

SmallBlueThing

Congrats, emporer. Just aim to corrupt the little one as much as possible with cool stuff and youll be fine.

my own zarjaz thing is that today was mine and domino's seventh wedding anniversary and we hit that london place. Camden got walked around more than is seemly, and we bought stuff that makes us happy. Then soho for naughtiness, and finally the comedy pub for cocktails. I also managed to drag her into three comic shops, shovelled tons of free comics into my rucksack, bought XIII vols 3&4, and picked up the lovecraft anthology.

Now on train, a wee bit drunk, going home.

We also saw al ewing, but he was busy so we went away.

SBT

Emperor

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 07 May, 2011, 09:27:00 PM
Congrats, emporer. Just aim to corrupt the little one as much as possible with cool stuff and youll be fine.

I'm gonna, I'm already starting on a list of possible presents (he is either going to love it or hate it ;) ) - although at the moment I am banned from seeing my nephew because I have the lurgey. :(
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Something Fishy

My 30's are ending.

They contained more stress, worry, illness and depression than any other point in my life.  The weight of worry, responsibility and a very draining job can drag you right down without you realising it.

Lots of things have been changing right on the cusp of turning 40 tomorrow and friends even commented I've been my old self and smiling and happy for the first time in years.  Life is indeed beginning again at 40 tomorrow.

Pete Wells

Happy birthday for tomorrow Fishy!

Life's cool cos I've just done the Greggs Cancer Run with the bairns from my school. We all got free Greggs pasties! Happy days!

Something Fishy

TordelBack

Nice one Fishy, and all the best for the birthday.  I had a somewhat similar experience turning 40 myself a few weeks back, in that although the seemingly endless troubles of my 30s have not abated one whit, I seem to have been able to approach them with far more equanimity since.  Surviving this long seems to have engendered an ability to finally count my blessings and brush the other stuff under the carpet, on occasion at least.   

The Legendary Shark

Welcome to your mid-life reawakening.

From here on in, it's all gravy!
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Albion

Quote from: Colin Zeal on 06 May, 2011, 02:18:03 PM
Being an uncle is great, especially if, like me, you don't have kids of your own. You're never at home stuck doing the "boring" stuff and you get to spoil your neices/nephews on days out.

I'm with you there Colin.
I have a niece and my partner has two grandsons too and it is fantastic. I've never felt the urge to have kids of my own but I love my niece and the boys as if they were my own.

Congartulations to The Emperor.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Albion

Quote from: Something Fishy on 08 May, 2011, 11:36:38 AM
My 30's are ending.
Life is indeed beginning again at 40 tomorrow.

I was 40 last year (I'm 41 on Tuesday) and the last year has been one of the busiest and most fun I have ever had.
so.....Happy Birthday Fishy and I hope your 40's are stress free and fun.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Something Fishy

Thank you guys, hugely appreciated.

Seems like i really am having one of those mid life moments.  It's great  :D

The Legendary Shark

Happy Birthday for Teusday, Albi!

Now you can officially wear those dead comfy pants that come way up over your belly. Welcome to a whole new world of luxury and social freedom!
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

maryanddavid

vzzbux

I am not sure where to put this so it's going here.
This morning my daughter of 3 was trying to eat her breakfast whilst cradling her dolly. I asked her to put it in the pushchair whilst she ate, her reply was "I am feeding her, she is having a drink".

As most of our friends and family who have recently had babies (as in throughout Sophie's short life) has breast fed it was a kind of slap the forehead and DUH moment.

Amazing what the little ones absorb.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

JOE SOAP

Testify, Mr. Fish. I personally found my twenties to be a useless and ammnestic pile of shit, my thirties have been, and still are, a time of consolidated 'fortuity'.