Main Menu

Life's so drokking fantastic because (the rebirth)

Started by vzzbux, 22 April, 2010, 08:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spaceghost

Quote from: wonkychop on 24 January, 2012, 08:25:46 AM
It's my 200th post.

Well done.

With such a high post count, it's almost as if you post in every single thread several times a day despite having absolutely nothing of value to say.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

TordelBack

...because I know what I'm getting for my birthday in April!

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/3866_The_Battle_of_Hoth

Look at the Tauntaun, just look at the Tauntaun, it's the single greatest thing ever!

These Lego board games are the shizzle, we play the ones we already have every week, and every day during the holidays.  It's impossible to resist customising and extending them, leading to labyrinthine house rules, sprawling boards, and accompanying actions (the Minotaurus one is particularly good for those!), and now my favourite sequence in all of movie history joins the party!  Yay!

Gonk

Didn't know they did them. Are they fairly inexpensive? I hope ther aren't any girly pink brinks included with it! ;)
coming at a cinema near you soon

TordelBack

Quote from: wonkychop on 25 January, 2012, 06:37:47 PM
Didn't know they did them. Are they fairly inexpensive? I hope ther aren't any girly pink brinks included with it! ;)

They are pretty expensive (about €8-€25/£7-£20, depending in the size of the set) because they're Lego which surely must be the most expensive physical toy by weight, but they're also about the only Lego that regularly ends up in bargain bins (I've no idea why, my family can't get enough of them).

The set we're enjoying most at the moment is Heroica, a very cut-down competitive D&Dalike, which has all the necessary to be a really complex and satisfying RPG with a few simple mods and some extra bits added on.  Best thing is that the instructions actively encourage you to do this.  We picked up two (of four total, they work separately or can be joined) Heroica sets for under €20/£16 combined before Christmas, and persuaded my brother-in-law to give them to us as a present!  I'd enjoy it even more if they'd let me play anything other than a bloody Druid.  Why can't I be the Barbarian or the Ranger sometime?

I'm sure the Star Wars one is going to be even dearer, once LFL Licensing have had their cut.  However, I've discovered that my relatives can be pretty good about buying family games for presents, so having largely skipped my 40th last year I intend to make my case early and strongly this year. 

Also, speak not ill of the girly pink bricks: those new sets are magnificent, I want the Girl Inventor Lab one so badly I could spit. 

vzzbux

Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Gonk

...we will all be living on the moon by 2020.... if Newt Ginrich becomes president.

Gonk

It's the weekend and I've got spending it with the rest of the family Cooper who are over this afternoon! Full house again!

Colin Zeal

Had a staff meeting today and it looks like my job should be safe for the next year as our funding looks good. It's been a real worry for me so it's a great way to start the weekend.

COMMANDO FORCES

Something Fishy

TordelBack

Devons Daddy

:D
thats a perfect way to begin a Saturday morning.

I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Emp

Me i couldn't win an arguement...the wife however is a different story!

Came back from a works doin London with the winning raffle ticket...a 5K Caribbean holiday!!

Now we don't like the heat and she hates flying, so some alts had to be found...lo and behold 25 days on the QE2 to Canada is in budget....

I have to add that i feel we have now used up all our good luck for the next 20 years at least....but who cares!!

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack