Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ming

I was considering chasing this but by the sounds of it it's probably a good idea that I just forgot about it :lol:  Anyway, congrats, Wake - a really beautiful piece of art and a historically important one.  Post up a decent scan if you can, please.

Simon Beigh

Really chuffed for you, Wake, it's a cracking page. I hate to think what you paid for it, but worth every penny I've no doubt ;)

The old scanner has been working overtime, as I have another Willsher to share with you. This is the cover to Prog 1768, and continues my current obsession for all things Day of Chaos. Originally drawn on two seperate pages, before being bought together by the magic of computing.

My computing is slightly less magic, but I've fudged it together as best I can. If you want to see the original pages as they were drawn, check the "Additional Images" on the CAF page

As published:

Spikes

Aye, big congrats on snagging the Stronty, Wake. Those early Starlord stories are just Gold.
Superb stuff!

And lovely stuff also, Simeon.

Quote from: SimeonB on 13 September, 2013, 03:48:59 PM

Everything connected to the DoC is simply quality, and Mr Willsher's art is amongst the very best of the new wave of 2000ad artists. Brilliant stuff!

Skullmo

Judge Jack, I feel DOC has given you a new collecting purpose in life and brought you into the 21st century :D
It's a joke. I was joking.

Spikes

I think your right!  :D
Dredd epic's can be hit or miss affairs, but the DoC is equal to the very best ones of old.
And of course it got me prog buying again,  :thumbsup:

In regards to new art, i may have some 'stuff' to post on here, later tonight......

Simon Beigh

Quote from: SimeonB on 13 September, 2013, 03:48:59 PM
Originally drawn on two seperate pages, before being bought together by the magic of computing.

My computing is slightly less magic, but I've fudged it together as best I can. If you want to see the original pages as they were drawn, check the "Additional Images" on the CAF page

I don't think I explained this very well. Let me try again. The Judges, cits and cityscape were all drawn on one sheet of A3. Borisenko's evil head was drawn on another sheet of A3. Ben then bought the two images together by computer, and I have done is a far more hacked way.

Sorry for any confusion...

Simon Beigh

Quote from: Judge Jack on 13 September, 2013, 07:00:06 PM

In regards to new art, i may have some 'stuff' to post on here, later tonight......

You big tease :)

Get it scanned and get it up here! :D

Spikes

Couldnt resist going back to snag a few more delightful DoC pages from Leigh Gallagher.
And was well happy to find this A4 Dredd included as a 'bonus'.

Thanks Leigh! :thumbsup:

Spikes

Finally had chance to do a wee bit more scanning.....

Direct from Mr Leigh Gallagher - a page from the assassination list, featuring yer actual flippin' assassination list!

And straight from Colin MacNeil's house to mine, this cracker. And featuring Dredd, Beeny, and in a small cameo - Minty;)

Comparing the original art to the published version, Colin's original certainly offers more udderz bang for yer buck....

Both up on CAF now - and in larger scans, or will be very shortly.

Simon Beigh

Great stuff, fella. Lovely pages. Now why did you go for the Minty Beaver page, hmmm? :D

Link Prime

Love the DoC pages Iain & Simeon.
Would love to have some cash to splash on one myself!

A very special commission by Lew Stringer has soaked up any non-booze related funds alas...

Sideshow Bob

Quote from: Link Prime on 15 September, 2013, 09:35:21 PM
A very special commission by Lew Stringer has soaked up any non-booze related funds alas...

Looking forward to seeing that when it arrives,  Link...
Any teasers ???

Cheers
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

Link Prime

Quote from: Sideshow Bob on 15 September, 2013, 10:19:39 PM
Quote from: Link Prime on 15 September, 2013, 09:35:21 PM

Looking forward to seeing that when it arrives,  Link...
Any teasers ???

Cheers

No!  ;)

Skullmo

It's a joke. I was joking.

Simon Beigh

Been putting up some more Paul Marshall Dan Francisco pages over on CAF today. I think this is the pick of the bunch...