Main Menu

Belardinelli on Ebay :

Started by Peter Wolf, 05 June, 2010, 10:13:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Wolf

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Portrait-by-A-Belardinelli-bearded-gentleman-/320542684761?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_art_Paintings_GL&hash=item4aa1d53659

Can anyone see a similarity here in the artists style here and the physiognomy of the face in the portrait and the artwork of Massimo Belardinelli ?

I can see a certain similartity  but i cannot find any info to connect the two together as Belardinelli doesnt appear to have any well known ancestors but i did read that he was taught by his father and this picture may be by a grandfather or great grandfather perhaps ?

I cant find any info on A Belardinelli either but it is a very competent piece and by someone who must have studied fine art.

I cant tell much from this picture but it obviously looks old and it looks like the picture has possibly always been in the frame that is pictured.The frame is Italian in style because it has carved detailing which is fairly typical and is probably early to mid 19 cent or possibly late 18th cent but its difficult to tell from a poor quality close up.

Any thoughts or opinions anyone ?
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Ignatzmonster

Hey thanks Pete Wolf. I love trying to find a likeness in the work of people that are related. It's always a bit elusive y'know, you kind of see it but you were looking for it so maybe it's nothing at all. Unless you are the Kuberts. All Joe Kubert's kids draw like Joe Kubert. I'm dying to see Ezquerra's kid Hector draw for tooth to see if there's any likeness.

I get Massimo might not be related to this guy and he if he was it might be more than a few generations back, but I kind of see it. Something in detail of the hair of the Monk and his face reminds me of the hatching in his alien anatomy.