Main Menu

Focus Magazines - Free to collect

Started by worldshown, 30 September, 2010, 07:24:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

worldshown

I'm having a bit of a clearout this week.

I've got an almost complete run of Focus magazine from 1993 to 2009, around 200 issues, that need a new home.

Seeing as there's no market on ebay for them, they are free to anyone that can collect from Cardiff.

If there's no takers for the lot, I'm prepared to split them into small bundles for cost of postage only. Please post/PM if there are specific issues you are looking for.

COMMANDO FORCES

That must have include the copy that has the article about the Lawgiver? I have that one in the cellar somewhere  ;)

worldshown

CF, if you know the date or number of the issue that appeared in, I'll confirm if I've got it or not.

COMMANDO FORCES

I shall have a look later, as I'm off tonight!

COMMANDO FORCES

It's July 1997.

Pages 12/13

It shows Stallone holding his Lawgiver and part of the article reads as follows :-

One in six officers killed on duty is shot with his own weapon and for years police have been trying to find a 'personalised' handgun that allows only one user - a smart gun with a mind of it's own.
There are currently two prototype .40 pistols, EP-1 and EP-2, made by Colt Manufacturing Co. When a button on either is pressed, the weapon emits a coded radio signal that must be received by a small transponder worn by the user before a blocking pin is removed from the firing mechanism.......

Colt is already working on weapons that are personalised by fingerprint or even voice command............

I didn't copy it all, as that would spoil your enjoyment when you read it ;)

worldshown

Thanks CF. Yes it's one of the ones that I've got.

Let's see if that piques anyone's interest.

I'll hold the magazines 'til the 16th. If nobody wants them by then they'll be off to recycling.

Large48

I'll have that issue and cover any costs for you to post etc if that is any good?

Cheers
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

COMMANDO FORCES

worldshown

Quote from: Large48 on 01 October, 2010, 02:04:32 PM
I'll have that issue and cover any costs for you to post etc if that is any good?

Cheers

You can have that one Large48. PM me your address and I'll get it sent out. I think first class is still 96p for a large letter.

COMMANDO FORCES

Just remember to rip those two pages out first  :lol: