Main Menu

Science is Drokking Fantastic Because...

Started by The Legendary Shark, 21 July, 2011, 11:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vzzbux

Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

TordelBack

Yeah, quantum levitation is the freakiest thing going - have to get myself some.  Have a look at this demonstration - watch it right the way through!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtRsGcAY26c&feature=related

vzzbux

It's the fact that they are going to try this on a 1:1 scale.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

TordelBack

The Wipeout thing is a lovely fake, but the technology it apes is very real - and for my money even freakier than the fiction! 

SpetsnaZ99

You ever notice that everyone who believes in creationism looks really unevolved? Eyes real close together, big furry hands and feet. "I believe God created me in one day." Yeah, looks like he rushed it.

Steve Green

Yeah, the wipeout thing looks to be a viral for the release of Wipeout on the PS handheld.

The vapour looked suspiciously CG from the off, but it was a nice idea coming off the back of the quantum lock videos that did the rounds a while back - they needed the person to push it, but I don't know if the wipeout one is possible, I'm guessing the ad budget meant that doing it in CG was cheaper...

The Legendary Shark

A new look at the "Eye of God" - or is it the remains of the Death Star? Nope, it's a planetary nebula located in the constellation Aquarius, about 700 light-years away from Earth. How lucky we are to live in an age when technology can show us such wonders.

ESO's VISTA telescope, at the Paranal Observatory in Chile, has captured a striking new image of the Helix Nebula. Credit: ESO/VISTA/J. Emerson.

Universe Today
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

ICONIC_TM

Era Vodoleya (Age of Aquarius) in Russian

Found that when looking up
BPRD and The Ministry of Serendipity on Wiki

ICONIC_TM

Or could be the The Twelve Colonies of Man?  :lol:

SpetsnaZ99

Thats Steve Jobs on his way to heaven. Cant you see the apple in his eye...
You ever notice that everyone who believes in creationism looks really unevolved? Eyes real close together, big furry hands and feet. "I believe God created me in one day." Yeah, looks like he rushed it.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Spikes

He did love doing his little cameos didnt he.

Tombo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQIMGV5vtd4

This is how it starts.  First we're all "oh look at the little flying machines", then - BAM! we're huddled in a cave listening to John Connor on the radio!

SpetsnaZ99

Quote from: Tombo on 01 February, 2012, 10:01:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQIMGV5vtd4

This is how it starts.  First we're all "oh look at the little flying machines", then - BAM! we're huddled in a cave listening to John Connor on the radio!

Thats sequence dancing with copters