Main Menu

Science is Drokking Fantastic Because...

Started by The Legendary Shark, 21 July, 2011, 11:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spikes

Aye, great stuff. Caught the Moon (and Venus) last night, as well. Pretty dazzling, wernt they.

SmallBlueThing

Quote from: Judge Jack on 29 November, 2012, 09:03:31 PM
Aye, great stuff. Caught the Moon (and Venus) last night, as well. Pretty dazzling, wernt they.

You "caught the moon"? Yeah, and I bet you want to blow it up too, don't you? DON'T YOU?! http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/us-military-chiefs-planned-to-blow-up-the-moon-with-nuclear-bomb-as-show-of-cold-war-muscle-physicist-claims-8364114.html

SBT

Definitely Not Mister Pops

The moon was beautiful last night. I could see a halo around it here in Belfast. Too bad I didn't have a kick-arse camera like Vzzbux.

This is one for the life is drokking fantastic thread, but I'll post it here anyway. I just comfirmed my flight to Florida just after Christmas. My girlfriend's Dad works as an airplane engineer out there, and he's taking me to the Kennedy Space Centre, he knows a guy there.
You may quote me on that.

TordelBack

Not last night you didn't!  That glorious thing near the moon was Jupiter, I'm afraid.  Venus is only visible in the early morning* at the moment, rather beautifully accompanied by Saturn and Spica.

Awesome pics, vzzbux.

*Being closer in towards the Sun than us, Venus' orbit means it always appears close to the Sun in our skies, thus it only appears when the Sun is masked just below the horizon, either around dawn or sunset, and low in the sky.

vzzbux

My bad. Bloody Simon Mayonnaise got it wrong on the radio yesterday.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Spikes

Quote from: TordelBack on 29 November, 2012, 10:01:18 PM

Not last night you didn't!  That glorious thing near the moon was Jupiter, I'm afraid.  Venus is only visible in the early morning* at the moment, rather beautifully accompanied by Saturn and Spica.

Ah, Jupiter it is then - and happy to be corrected! We've had some wonderfully clear nights recently, so ive been indulging in a bit of star gazing, but my knowledge of whats what is woefully inadequate - the big dipper is pretty much my limit when it comes to identifying 'stuff'! And i'd love to have a camera like that as well, my snaps turned out to be nowt more than a blurry streaky mess.

And cheers for that link SBT, caught that on the radio the other day, and had meant to check that out further but it had completely slipped my mind!

vzzbux

Drokking since 1972

vzzbux

Drokking since 1972

Spikes

The Legendary Shark

Urban birds are incorporating cigarette butts into their nests for bug-killing action and for insulation, a new study finds.

Maybe old Alfred was on to something after all...
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Dandontdare

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 05 December, 2012, 07:12:49 PMUrban birds are incorporating cigarette butts into their nests for bug-killing action and for insulation, a new study finds.

Maybe old Alfred was on to something after all...

Don't remember where exactly but I remember a bunch of monkeys that discovered that by stealing and eating charcoal from people's cooking fires, they can then eat all kinds of tasty berries that would otherwise make them violently ill.

SmallBlueThing

O Lucky Stevie!

Fingers crossed that Olympus Mons turns out to be the mother of all Verne cannons.

ULLA!
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"