Main Menu

Science is Drokking Fantastic Because...

Started by The Legendary Shark, 21 July, 2011, 11:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JUDGE BURNS

SYNTHI - BEEF has arrived.....check out The INDEPENDENT newspaper website for another bite of the future ...today ! 

www.independent.co.uk

Stem cells grown from cattle in a laboratory and made into burgers.  The food of the future has arrived !

IAMTHESYSTEM

Prepare for Munce Burgers outlets near your Block citizens! :)
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Frank

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 29 July, 2013, 10:12:44 AM
Electronux.

You need an exclamation mark after the word Electronux! for them to work. Same with Number 3 cartridge!

Professor Bear

Can science tell me what colour a Tyrannosaurus was?

Frank

Quote from: Professor James T Bear on 29 July, 2013, 06:19:14 PM
Can science tell me what colour a Tyrannosaurus was?

You mean underneath the feathers?

Professor Bear

Frank

Quote from: Professor James T Bear on 29 July, 2013, 06:41:00 PM
What colour were these feathers?

Any colour they like. Who's going to take the piss out of a tyrannosaur? See also, big skinhead guys wearing pink polo shirts.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: sauchie on 29 July, 2013, 06:06:04 PM
Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 29 July, 2013, 10:12:44 AM
Electronux.

You need an exclamation mark after the word Electronux! for them to work. Same with Number 3 cartridge!

My mistake.  I'm toying with the idea of doing my job in the same way Johnny Alpha does his:
'SHIRT!'
'PEN!'
'SPREADSHEET!'
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

TordelBack

Quote from: O Lucky Stevie! on 28 July, 2013, 07:09:06 AM
Looks like those jocks have been thieving bastards for 10,000 years.

Mesolithic lunar calendar found in Aberdeenshire.

That article is so full of bullshit that it makes me queasy.  However, as the excellent original paper is paywalled to the tune of £7.50 per article I've no way of directing interested parties to the sensible version.  This is one of those instances when the publication organs of science are its worst enemy, handing dissemination of its work to slapdash third party sites who haven't got a clue.

Ancient Otter

In about 4 billion years time (I.I.R.C.) you'll be looking at this in the sky during the day: A Close up of Andromeda.

This is the article it is from.

Frank

Veggies don't get many opportunities for gloating - and we don't really have the necessary reserves of energy and aggression to take advantage when the opportunity arises - but I've never felt so smug about not eating dead animals than when watching the news today. Here's your dinner, carnivores! Mm-mm-mm-mm:

http://metro.co.uk/2013/08/05/worlds-first-test-tube-burger-to-be-served-at-secret-london-location-3911414/

What's the matter? There's starvin' bairns in Africa would be glad of that. Ye'll no' be having a puddin' till ye' finish what's on yer plate.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: sauchie on 05 August, 2013, 06:33:51 PM

Veggies don't get many opportunities for gloating - and we don't really have the necessary reserves of energy and aggression to take advantage when the opportunity arises - but I've never felt so smug about not eating dead animals than when watching the news today. Here's your dinner, carnivores! Mm-mm-mm-mm:

http://metro.co.uk/2013/08/05/worlds-first-test-tube-burger-to-be-served-at-secret-london-location-3911414/

What's the matter? There's starvin' bairns in Africa would be glad of that. Ye'll no' be having a puddin' till ye' finish what's on yer plate.

See, now you're just reenforcing my view that vegetablists are just fussy eaters. I can't wait to try one of those.
You may quote me on that.

CrazyFoxMachine

My missus is a veggie and she's well up for that burger there. Nothing's died for it y'see - and you know where it came from...

...a lab. On the back of a chicken sandwich in the Co-Op it normally says "Chicken from either Singapore or Chile" it's like... you haven't even narrowed that down to a hemisphere! We're so far removed from the slaughter process as consumers anyway. I wouldn't bat an eyelid if people told me I was eating cell-grown pig. Although frankly I don't tuck into unidentified meat anyway. Despite what they say around town. Ooo errr.

I just like people saying that it's somehow "less natural" than say... any kind of hyperprocessed pseudo-meat in Iceland (shop I mean in the country they stick to awesome local food like rotten urineshark and whole sheephead) or your local kebabi...

Those sweaty rotating flesh cylinders ... where they ever really alive? Hmmm I have a hankering for some quorn.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 05 August, 2013, 08:04:23 PM
Hmmm I have a hankering for some quorn.

That is one of the strangest sentences I have ever read on the internet.
You may quote me on that.