Main Menu

Science is Drokking Fantastic Because...

Started by The Legendary Shark, 21 July, 2011, 11:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richmond Clements

Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 06 October, 2015, 09:46:43 PM
I just Net surfed to see if anyone thought the actual moon itself is a fake. They do. It's all a hologram or the illumaniti who have nothing better to do than put fake moons up in the sky. You cannot save the human race from it own stupidity.

I wonder what people were seeing in the sky before holograms were invented? In the Middle-Ages, for example.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Richmond Clements

That is certainly the only logical answer...

The Legendary Shark

We can't deny the Moon has some odd properties and fortuitous arrangements and so I guess it's only natural for people to look for patterns within patterns. All things being equal, I think the Moon's far more likely to be a lump of rock than anything else. Beyond that... who knows what's possible?
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Mardroid

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 10 October, 2015, 10:59:58 AM
I wonder what people were seeing in the sky before holograms were invented? In the Middle-Ages, for example.

I think the advocates for a holographic moon might think aliens are responsible. Guys with the technology far in advanced of our own, even back then.

That leads us to the head scratching concept that, these people find advanced aliens with super holographic technology producing a fake moon more believable than an actual chunk of rock orbiting our planet.

I found the 'what makes it glow' bit particularly amusing. I think most people with a minimum of astronomical knowledge could answer that one.

The Legendary Shark

Yep, a misaligned BRIGHTNESS knob on the patented Alien Lunahologramatograph Projector hidden inside the hole at the North Pole...
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

Quote from: Mardroid on 10 October, 2015, 12:12:07 PM
That leads us to the head scratching concept that, these people find advanced aliens with super holographic technology producing a fake moon more believable than an actual chunk of rock orbiting our planet.

Not unrelated to the idea that the periodic meddling of an immortal invisible omnipotent omniscient loving-yet-strangely-cruel being is a more believable cause for the world around us than readily observable natural processes.

Mardroid

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 10 October, 2015, 12:27:05 PM
Yep, a misaligned BRIGHTNESS knob on the patented Alien Lunahologramatograph Projector hidden inside the hole at the North Pole...

Hee hee. Like.

The Legendary Shark

In the Beginning, God said, "..."

But Man held up a finger for silence.

"What?" Said God.

Man beamed and held his arms a-wide and said, "Let there be Science!" And there was Science. Shed-fulls of the stuff. Science making galaxies and starting fires and microwaving chicken nuggets. Science everywhere, all over the place.

But the more the scientists looked the less they understood. And then they got to superstrings, tiny loops of vibrating energy that don't properly exist. Innumerable tiny ?s making up everything. All the ?s released by God when Man interrupted him at the Beginning of the Universe.

If there is a moral to this piffle, there jolly well shouldn't be.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Mardroid

Quote from: Tordelback on 10 October, 2015, 12:28:01 PM
Quote from: Mardroid on 10 October, 2015, 12:12:07 PM

Not unrelated to the idea that the periodic meddling of an immortal invisible omnipotent omniscient loving-yet-strangely-cruel being is a more believable cause for the world around us than readily observable natural processes.

I see your point, and I can see why you would come to that conclusion.

I wouldn't see it as quite the same though. Particularly as the 'readily observable natural processes' aren't really all that observable since you'd have to had been around millions of years to actually observe it. (Yeah I know we can extrapolate from things that we CAN quantify, but we nearly always end up in to the realm of conjecture and theory than actual verifiable fact in doing so. And I don't particularly disagree that natural processes were involved anyway. I just don't see natural processes and a supreme creator as being mutually exclusive.)

But anyway, I don't wan't to derail the thread into THAT old creation/evolution* debate. People get uppity, bad feelings arise... and it's not what the thread is about.

But rock over hologram. Yes of course.  People have walked on it and bounced lasers off of it and sent probes there. Even if some of those situations were hoaxes (and I'm not saying I believe that, but I suppose it's a possibility) there is too much to discount.

*I use the word 'evolution' broadly to mean the forming of 'stuff' over time including stars and planets rather than just genetic evolution which caused us to form over millions of years from fish-monkeys (and amoeba or what-have-you, before that) as a result of a series of genetic mutation accidents. There may be a better word for it.

Hawkmumbler

I...I just can't fathom how...how people can think the moon is a hologram. What kind of dodgy LSD do you have to be on to dream that one up!

Professor Bear

It actually makes sense if you think about it: the moon always looks exactly the same - and never rotates so we can see the back - because they're projecting a picture from Earth.

IAMTHESYSTEM

So the tides move themselves do they? The 'great Moon projector' does this too? That said some scientists believe the Universe itself may be a hologramme and we're all just information seing a 3 dimensional space when it's really a 2d flat one. Bonkers sounding to me but there we go I'm not a scientist. 

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/04/150427101633.htm
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

The Legendary Shark

No, no, no... the tides are controlled by the patented Pseudograv Tidal Bulginator located in the hole at the South Pole. Do try and keep up...
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"