Main Menu

MEG 321 - American Reaper , sexy ostriches?

Started by strontium71, 22 February, 2012, 10:32:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

strontium71

Not really a review , I'll leave that to better wordsmiths - my problem is that my issue came today but without a floppy copy of Death Planet. Anyone else got there copy without it?
...because I hate you.

flip-r mk2

Same here, mine came through the door 5 minutes ago opened it up and no floppy.

filip
It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana

strontium71

Never thought to phone Rebellion , d'oh!
The chap on the phone has just told me the issues have been posted early by mistake and without floppies inserted. They'll now be posted separately hurrah!
...because I hate you.

strontium71

A very quick flip reveals that in an interview with Tiernen Trevallion , there's a familiar picture of someones commission....
...because I hate you.

Trout

I'm afraid it didn't take long to read.

The lead Dredd story is good enough, although kind of light. It's about Jeremy Kyle coming to the Meg. I'm sad to say I spent much of it predicting, correctly, what was going to happen next.

It's the last episode of Armitage, and the final panel made me grin. I'm not sure my suspension of disbelief stretches to the theory that [spoiler]judges' DNA can be booby-trapped,[/spoiler] but it's all science fiction so I'm not going to worry about it.

American Reaper isn't for me, I'm afraid. It has, at least, ended for now. It's back in the "fall".

Again, Strange and Darke is (IMO) the best thing in the Meg. It's now openly referencing the Wicker Man, which is kind of a relief as its influence is so obvious. But it has lots of great ideas in it and I'm loving the uncontrollable extra voice. It's a bit exposition-heavy this month, but hey-ho. Colin MacNeil drew it, so I'm happy.

Next month: the return of Diggle and Jock! Thank Drokk for that.

- Trout

Trout

Forgot to add: no floppy here, either. I don't often read them, anyway.

worldshown

No floppy here too. Assumed my copy of Death Planet had been sent to Garth Ennis just to prove it could be collected.

IndigoPrime

As per strontium71's message earlier, the printer screwed up and subs will have their floppies dispatched separately within a few days.

mygrimmbrother

Steve Green

American Reaper : Autumn 2012, Snapshot next month.

Re: The floppy - Any idea if we have to let them know, or do they already know who hasn't got them?

Cheers

Steve

Buttonman

Forget the floppie - who's in the Dreddlines?

James Stacey

Quote from: Steve Green on 22 February, 2012, 12:49:51 PM
American Reaper : Autumn 2012, Snapshot next month.

Re: The floppy - Any idea if we have to let them know, or do they already know who hasn't got them?

Cheers

Steve
The snapshot is 16 pages long.

I assume all copies went out without the floppy ?

Steve Green

Oh right, I thought it was longer than that.

Cheers

Proudhuff

Quote from: Buttonman on 22 February, 2012, 01:39:06 PM
Forget the floppie - who's in the Dreddlines?

woteesaz!

The Memsabib has informed me that mine has arrived at Huff Mansions...
DDT did a job on me

Trout