Main Menu

Final Dredd screening Cardiff

Started by shaolin_monkey, 04 October, 2012, 08:30:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaolin_monkey

Ow, my head hurts.  Made it into work on time though!

I'm reasonably sure a good time was had by all - judgeFett, MichaelVK, Oneworld, HouseofUsher, James Stacey etc - will try and post a pic later.

Michaelvk

What a night.. Grown men wearing comic t-shirts with bits of popcorn all down the front, poo stories and a transvestite.. If it wasn't a school night, I would've hung around longer.. Possibly to my detriment..
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

House of Usher

I went to see Attila the Stockbroker and Efa Supertramp instead of the film, but I was there for a drink after. I had a very enjoyable evening too. By some miracle I avoided a hangover. It was great to see everyone and meet those I'd not met before. Fun!
STRIKE !!!

James Stacey

I was only 1/2 an hour late for work and that was mainly because someone had turned up the gravity in my bed. Good to see you guys (again)

shaolin_monkey

Cool, glad you all enjoyed it! 

It was great to meet you all, and a bit of a bizarre coincidence to find that James Stacey is one of my drinking buddies from yesteryear, in our heady days of sex, drugs and rock n' roll!   :lol:   (I won't say how long ago  :-X  :-\ )

MVK - it was probably best you did leave when you did, although you did miss the rather amusing sight of three thirtysomething men in 2000AD clobber simultaneously trying to chat up a rather cute young English Lit student named Daisy!!!  :lol: :lol: :lol:  A hopeless endeavour, but fun nonetheless.

As usual, I was the last one out of the bar, booted out at 3am.  Even our resident local hero, Ninjah, was out before me!!

It's round two for me tonight, as I have another (non-2000AD related) occasion in town.  Ah well, perhaps the beer tonight will make my head feel a bit better and wake me up a bit. 

In the meantime, coffee ahoy!!!

Michaelvk

Quote from: James Stacey on 04 October, 2012, 10:28:42 AM
...someone had turned up the gravity in my bed.

:lol: I'm gonna borrow that one..
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

shaolin_monkey

James Stacey

Never trust a transvestite to get it in focus.

Michaelvk

I think I was heckling him/her then..

Albion

Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: Michaelvk on 04 October, 2012, 02:06:02 PM
I think I was heckling him/her then..

That's what it was, eh?  It sounded like you were trying to chat him/her up!   :P :lol:

Michaelvk

House of Usher

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 04 October, 2012, 01:30:58 PM
Piccy, taken by our friendly transvestite!

He was indeed friendly, and a very charming fellow-me-lass: a credit to his parents. Looked a bit like Alan Pillay but younger and stick-thin.
STRIKE !!!

worldshown

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 04 October, 2012, 01:30:58 PM
Piccy, taken by our friendly transvestite!

http://instagram.com/p/QXEIf2ASgV/

And further proof that I should never appear in front of a camera.

Really good night though and enjoyed meeting everybody.

judda fett

Yeah that was a good evening. Must do it again some time when we've nowt on the next day. Just remembered House of Usher and I realising we could make a good appropriation of a set of working electronux with a kitchen scrubbing brush and a cock ring vibrator.