Main Menu

i jus finished my subscription

Started by death monkey 23, 21 January, 2003, 04:37:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

death monkey 23

So bye you lot.  Slaine is crap, caballistics crap, dredd vs aliens crap, sindex as always crap, and last but by no means least, that other one about the russian guy is in fact crap.

2kad is not an impressive publication in my opinion at the moment, all told.  I don't read it anymore so hopefully some of u will be satisfied with it at some point within the next seventeen yrs.  

good luck, and cheers to whatever scriptwriter nicked my oxymoron joke for that thing on tomorrow la scala.

Oddboy

Better set your phaser to stun.

Devons Daddy

did you cancel you subscription n the beano and bunty as well. thats what we need to know.?
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Wils

Submitted without commenthttp://www.museum-london.org.uk/MOLsite/images/toys/troll.gif">

Matt

How can anyone pour scorn on the latest offerings in 2000ad? Slaine is the best I have seen it since The Horned God, the artwork is astounding. Dredd vs Aliens is brilliant, as is Cabalistics Inc, Dante and I'm even enjoying the new Sin/Dex which I had started to loathe. Guess you've got no taste Deathmonkey!

moly

maybe your name isnt deathmonkey but spanking the monkey, you stick with 2000ad is crap and as soon as it gets better you cancel

Queen Firey-Bou

IN fact its so crap you take the time to look up the web site & tell everyone else who are total fanboys that its crap.

Mmm i think I'll just go & look up the cosmo web site & tell them why i don't read it. & then theres the coronation st' chat room,. oh yes & the tory party site....blimey I'm gonna be really busy looking up all the worlds crap i might not have time to come here for the next millenia.

IndigoPrime

Tooth at the moment isn't bad. The thing is, it's rarely amazing, and never has been, but it's often entertaining. People often expect too much of it.

In my opinion, the only really good strip at the moment is the ever-dependable Dante, although Cabalistic Inc shows a lot of promise.

Dredd sits in the middle ground. Aliens never look that scary in-print (bar Geiger's original paintings) and the story is a bit lacklustre for me.

Sin/Dex is awful, and it really is time for Abnett to retire the strip. Slaine's pretty naff, too. The art is muddy, as is the script, which is Slaine 'paint by numbers'--nothing new or original from Mills.

The Monarch

begin auto reaction in 5 4 3 2 1

go away scojo

(hey it was worth a try even if this little git isn't he who must not be named)

Trout

It's not that bad. You're just trying to wind us up and acting like a bit of a twat.

- Trout

Jared Katooie

At the very least he's wrong about Dredd/Aliens...

And Caballistics...

And maybe Slaine...

But Russian guy is getting on my nerves and SinDex as always crap. I've had enough of their whole ironic precapatory thingy...

JK

The Enigmatic Dr X

Sin Dex has been big fat smelly pants since they went on the Who Wants to be a Millionaire type game show.

Out of character.
Out of ideas.
Lock up your spoons!

John Caliber

If there was one thing... one thing I could change about the current 2000AD line-up, it would be..

.. to change those horrible, perfect ellipses used for lettering bubbles (as seen in Slaine) to something more 'handcrafted', like Tom Frame's bubbles (oo-err). Know what I mean? If I wanted perfect geometry I'd have become a mathematician.

- JC

Link: http://2kadpbem.20m.com" target="_blank">The DICE ORGY

Author of CITY OF DREDD and WORLDS OF DREDD. https://www.facebook.com/groups/300109720054510/

GordonR

Actually, I'd agree with you there, John.

Well-crafted good old-fashioned 'hand-done' lettering beats the computer-assisted stuff nine times out ten, anyday.

The really obvious computer-done stuff gives the balloons and the lettering  a slightly souless, clinical feel, which isn't what you want at all for most dialogue.

Three cheers for Tom Frame!

frazer

agreed. and to be honest, making the balloons more organic ain't that hard, but i'd assume the letterers don't see the point. their primary task is to place balloons so they read well and don't obstruct the art.

one day i hope some artists (ahem...) get the chance to do the lettering themselves.

control freak? moi?

F