Main Menu

The youth of today

Started by The Enigmatic Dr X, 29 January, 2003, 05:23:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art

Hey, I can watch the earlier episodes without wincing.

almighty mat

++Hey, I can watch the earlier episodes without wincing.++

Sorry, are we talking about Dr Who or the A-Team?

mat

Art

Hey, the A-Team still does exactly what it says on the tin. They break out murdoch, they defend some farmers from some filthy corporate bastard, build a tank and then they all have agood laugh at the end.

One nasty suprise for me upon getting cable was just how crap M*A*S*H the tv series was. Mawkish shite the lot of it...

almighty mat

>Hey, the A-Team still does exactly what it says on the tin. They break out murdoch, they defend some farmers from some filthy corporate bastard, build a tank and then they all have agood laugh at the end.

Yeah, I saw the last 2 minutes yesterday, BA dangled Murdock from one of those electromagnet cranes you see in scrapyards, and then Let him down from a bit of a height. That bit at least never gets old.

>One nasty suprise for me upon getting cable was just how crap M*A*S*H the tv series was. Mawkish shite the lot of it...

I was chuffed to see it on Paramount, and i'm kind of enjoying it, but the canned laughter really grates. I don't know if they're rereunning the US version, but the one that was on BBC2(?) when i was wee was great without the laughter, it seemed like it had a bit more depth. Bloody yanks.

mat

The Monarch

now monkey however that is brilliant

JayEales

>>One nasty suprise for me upon getting cable was just how crap M*A*S*H the tv series was. Mawkish shite the lot of it...

>I was chuffed to see it on Paramount, and i'm kind of enjoying it, but the canned laughter really grates. I don't know if they're rereunning the US version, but the one that was on BBC2(?) when i was wee was great without the laughter, it seemed like it had a bit more depth. Bloody yanks.

We've been getting the US DVD box-sets, and they give you the ability to turn the laughter track off.

Excellent value, too.

Jay
BORDERLINE - The award-winning PDF International Comics Magazine - www.borderlinemagazine.co.uk
THE GIRLY COMIC - Now available to buy at:  http://factorfictionpress.co.uk

Quirkafleeg

Canned laughter was invented by Satan...

Why they had it on the last Partridge I'll never know.

almighty mat

++We've been getting the US DVD box-sets, and they give you the ability to turn the laughter track off.++

YES!

cheers Jay, you're a legend!

mat