Main Menu

2000AD Artwork

Started by strontiumbob, 18 October, 2013, 11:32:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

strontiumbob

Hi there, I'm a new poster to the forum but have viewed as a guest for a while now. I have a few pieces I'd like to prune out of my 2000AD artwork collection but would like to get a decent price for them. Any help as to how much i should start auctions at/put as a buy it now price on eBay would be helpful. Or if anyone wants to make an offer you're more than welcome. For some reason I can't manage to post an image though, I'm not sure if thats because I'm a new member. When i find out I will post some up straight away. Anyhoo I will list them below and any feedback would be welcome.

So I have :

Tharg's Future Shocks 'Time Waits' prog 46 page 5 1978 Art by Ramon Sola

Judge Dredd 'Sugar Beats' prog 878 1994 Art by Ron Smith

Return of Armageddon prog 191 page 25 1980 Art by Ramondo

Cheers :)
MY GOD IS THE SUN

strontiumbob

There should be some images below now. Anybody interested just give me a message. I'm thinking of putting them on eBay with the starting price reflecting the offers I've received.

Tharg's Future Shocks 'Time Waits' prog 46 page 5 1978 Art by Ramon Sola

Judge Dredd 'Sugar Beats' prog 878 1994 Art by Ron Smith

Cheers  :D
Return of Armageddon prog 191 page 25 1980 Art by Ramondo

MY GOD IS THE SUN

matty_ae

So if we make you an offer, you then put them on eBay with that as the starting price?
Hmmm.

Spikes

Well, there certainly three nice pages, that each have there own merits, but ya gotta love that proper vintage Future Shock page.

Slightly strange, or convoluted way to sell/get a price fix on these though.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Judge Jack on 25 October, 2013, 11:51:19 PM
...ya gotta love that proper vintage Future Shock page.

You certainly don't see many petrol-driven time machines these days -!
@jamesfeistdraws

strontiumbob

Thanks and sorry I meant the offers will reflect the kind of starting price i put on. So for example, if i get a few offers of £100 for each I will start the bidding at £50 for each (or something like that). I'm not sure though and thats why I was asking for advice.

Cheers
MY GOD IS THE SUN

Spikes

Working out a 'price' for various 2000ad art is the toughest thing.
There's the price that they are technically worth, and then, perhaps more importantly, the price they'll actually sell at.

Not done a huge amount of selling on e-Bay, hardly owt in fact, and certainly nowt like this, so im unsure how to advise on this.

You could place them with no reserve, which i think always helps to kick start bidding, and makes the item certainly more attractive.
Or have a 'no reserve' as well as a 'BIN' option?
But if you want some kinda reserve, then somewhere around the £50/100 mark?

Or the best bet is that if somebody on here makes you a decent offer, to take that. No e-Bay fees that way

maryanddavid

That Redondo page is just deadly!

Bubba Zebill

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 26 October, 2013, 12:08:26 AM
Quote from: Judge Jack on 25 October, 2013, 11:51:19 PM
...ya gotta love that proper vintage Future Shock page.

You certainly don't see many petrol-driven time machines these days -!

They were before their time :P
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

strontiumbob

They are pretty awesome! I just love Ron Smith Dredd too.

Judge Jack - Thanks for the advice and yeah it is really hard to figure out. I don't really want to put them on eBay to be honest, but wasn't sure if that was the best way to sell them. I think I'll just leave them for a bit and see what kind of offers I get. Cheers
MY GOD IS THE SUN

strontiumbob

Just so people know the Redondo 'Return to Armageddon' page has now sold. The other two are still available though and I'm open to sensible offers for them.

Cheers

:D
MY GOD IS THE SUN

strontiumbob

Tharg's Future Shock page has now sold. Anybody interested in the Ron Smith just PM me.

Cheers

Bobby
MY GOD IS THE SUN

strontiumbob

Ron Smith page is still available.
MY GOD IS THE SUN

strontiumbob

Hi there dudes. Ron Smith page is up on eBay. Open to sensible offers.

Cheers  :D
MY GOD IS THE SUN

strontiumbob

MY GOD IS THE SUN