Main Menu

The Walking Dead Issue 127.... spoilers!!

Started by Proudhuff, 24 May, 2014, 12:28:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Thought this was such a big issue it deserved its own thread

Don't go any further is you don't want to see spoilers

Post All Out War (AOW) things have taken a turn for the better, turning herd at the start was a great re-intro and the catchup of everyone was nicely done too, mind you if it stays like this its not going to be the most exciting of comics  :D

Great they have finally discovered horses too
DDT did a job on me

Colin YNWA

Well this will be off topic BUT since its such a special issue!

Anyway I don't read Walking Dead but I just noticed how close you are to the big 10,000 Proudhuff. I'm hoping a man of your quality has plans?

Proudhuff

No-one else finding thiese strange turns of events commentworthy?
DDT did a job on me

SmallBlueThing

The jump forward was even more of a refreshing blast of much-needed air than I had first thought. While the who AAW arc had, in the end, played out in quite a satisfying manner, it did get bogged down and became something of a chore. By jumping two years Kirkman has kicked the legs out from under the accusations of staleness and predictability. Also, it means that it's probably now 2006-2008 in their time, so the comic has less of a risk of being stuck at the start of the 2000s for its shelf-life.

Towards the end of AAW, I had considered stopping reading monthly (I was digital and had been since #84) and going back to trades... but the new start and the fuckery with Comixology/ Amazon means I am now back to floppies- and there was something very pleasing about holding #127 in my hands and reading it that way.

SBT

Proudhuff

is there a larger page count on this as it feels heavy in the hand?
DDT did a job on me

Tjm86

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 26 May, 2014, 03:45:22 PM
but the new start and the fuckery with Comixology/ Amazon  ....

I have to admit I've found the main gripe against the Amazon merger a little difficult to gel with as I always bought through the website paying by paypal anyway.  I don't recall ever actually using the app as it always had the UK prices.  I know it was only a minor savings (about 10p a go really) but they added up over time.

AOW was probably one of the better story lines for a while.  Looking forward to the next omnibus edition to read it all in one go.

Professor Bear

I gave up on Walking Dead ages ago, but when someone said it had been "Battlestar Galactica'd" in #127, I just assumed he meant there were sex robots in it now.