Main Menu

New Judge Dredd Partwork! (Judge Dredd Mega Collection)

Started by iutley, 04 September, 2014, 09:14:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubba Zebill

Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

judgerufian

as amusing as hover kittys are.....

Got parts 2 & 3 today in an ill fitting box so a couple of dings on the corners of the Apocalypse War book but as I havent been charged for these volumes (or the first one) then i'm not too upset.

No sign of any free gifts (apart from the books of course  :) )

Mattofthespurs

January 21st people.
Just got a tweet to sign up
Gifts look the same.
Spines are different. Gifts look the same. Plus some art cards.
Have a look http://www.judgedreddcollection.com/

Mattofthespurs

JamesC

News just in...

Thank you for subscribing to Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection.

As part of our research we tested the first 4 issues in selected locations in the UK and we are excited to confirm that the 80-volume collection is now launching nationally! Issue 1 will be published on 21st January 2015, and your subscription will begin again from issue 1. The new series will have a new specially-commissioned spine image from 2000 AD featuring Judge Dredd and many of his foes, allies, and supporting characters.

We will send you the new editions of issues 1, 2, 3 and 4 free of charge, and of course you will receive your free subscription gifts.

WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT?
1st Delivery: You will receive your FREE issue 1 by 21st January 2015.
2nd Delivery: You will receive your FREE issues 2 and 3 + FREE replica Judge Dredd badge + takeaway mug.
3rd Delivery: You will receive your issue 4 for FREE + issue 5 + your FREE Judge Dredd tin coasters.
4th Delivery: You will receive 2 issues.
5th Delivery: You will receive 2 issues + FREE Judge Dredd metal bookends.

SmallBlueThing

Yep,  got the same email.  Did anyone ever get #4?

Great news anyway!

SBT

Mardroid

Agh! You guys beat me.

Literally just jumped up and down at work. (With nobody watching. I'm not quite that brave.)

I never did get issue 4 no. And I wonder now if I ever will in the current spine design... but... I really don't mind considering.

Means I'll be doubling on books but as they're now free, I'm really not complaining!

Spikes

Well, blow me!
Though I hoped it wasn't, I genuinely thought this was dead in the water, but very pleased to now learn that it isn't.

Now, do I subscribe, or place an order with my local newsagent? Mmmmmm...

SmallBlueThing

Mardroid: When it comes to The Apocalypse War,  the term "doubling up" takes on whole new perverse layers of meaning! (progs, eagles, titans twice, idw series,  idw hardback,  hachette tester,  hachette new one,  case files...  have I forgotten any? :-\)

SBT

Skullmo

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 10 December, 2014, 05:09:10 PM
Mardroid: When it comes to The Apocalypse War,  the term "doubling up" takes on whole new perverse layers of meaning! (progs, eagles, titans twice, idw series,  idw hardback,  hachette tester,  hachette new one,  case files...  have I forgotten any? :-\)

SBT

Original titan, single volume collected, hardback collected. Eagle comics?
It's a joke. I was joking.

Tjm86

Quote from: Skullmo on 10 December, 2014, 05:10:36 PM
Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 10 December, 2014, 05:09:10 PM

SBT

Original titan, single volume collected, hardback collected. Eagle comics?

I was going to say, didn't we get up to three Titan collections but you beat me to it.

Mattofthespurs

I don't think it matters, especially when it comes to 'The Apocalypse War'.

radiator

Wow, I was convinced that this would come to nothing.

Won't be partaking myself as I already own most of the material and I'm shifting more to digital these days, but it does looks like a very nifty collection. Despite my misgivings about these things in general I'd be sorely tempted if I didn't have the Case Files.

Anything that gets 2000ad material and especially modern-era Wagner Dredd in front of a wider audience can only be a good thing, and it's a great coup for 2000ad.

J.Smith

Amazing news to come back to after a lousy day of work!