Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jade Falcon

My replacement Savage arrived shrink wrapped with Fresh no problems. I sent the surplus one to a friend. Now I've got the Taking Liberties softcover spare as well.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

IndigoPrime

Looks like they didn't send it to subscribers. They really know how to take care of people who plonk down money monthly, don't they?

Lobo Baggins

Following an unexpected delivery yesterday, it seems my prize is going to include the extension as well!

Yaroo!

Right, going to need more shelves, but to do that I'm going to need a bigger house...
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

IndigoPrime

What prize is that? Did you get a free sub?

Lobo Baggins

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 05 November, 2020, 12:35:59 PM
What prize is that? Did you get a free sub?

Yeah, I won a Facebook giveaway thing (I was the first to say 'Borag Thungg!' correctly I think) back when it was announced.

IndigoPrime

Blimey. That's quite the prize. £800+ and counting.

Bolt-01

Hackenbush

If anyone else was wondering why they couldn't find issue 83 on Forbidden Planet's website you can find it by searching for 20000AD - or go to this link

https://forbiddenplanet.com/314259-20000ad-ultimate-graphic-novel-collection-83-the-red-seas/

JSayonara

Quote from: Tomwe on 04 November, 2020, 01:43:02 PM
Quote from: IndigoPrime on 04 November, 2020, 01:40:25 PM
Response from customer support re Savage (arriving only ~90 mins after I asked):

QuoteI do apologise about this. This should have been sent with issues 81 - 82 and we are currently in the process of chasing this up for yourself and all customers to get a further update.

Similar response to me. In the past I remember the Horned God reprint was sent on its own so perhaps its just on its way. What's more worrying is that image on FB of the reprinted edition being itself wrong:

That's my photo.
What irritates is it's actually the other issue that's wrong, Savage is fine.
That's a misprint going back ages.

Sick of spine art, I have to buy unseen and my Dredd collection has a very obvious spine misalignment too.

Can't be arsed anymore, £800 for a bookshelf that's noticeably out of whack.
I was forced to buy Flesh for the reprinted Savage (Luckily I found out in advance and cancelled the order for the misprinted original).

Done with the series now, I would have continued the extension but only Fiends and the V.C's really interest me and Dredd should've stayed in the Dredd collection.

Will probably only pick up the Dark Judges volume because the art is so good.

Won't bother with Hatchette again unless they pull something spectacular like a Vertigo collection or something.

Lobo Baggins

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 05 November, 2020, 03:46:23 PM
Blimey. That's quite the prize. £800+ and counting.

It included the statues and all the other bits and pieces as well (including stuff that wasn't on the original offer, like the covers collections), so I think the most recent delivery actually pushed it to over a grand!

TordelBack

Quote from: JSayonara on 08 November, 2020, 05:13:53 PM
Can't be arsed anymore, £800 for a bookshelf that's noticeably out of whack.

Not being a serious spineophile anymore I sometimes have a chuckle at the teensy misalignments that energise folk on this thread - but that one is something else entirely.  That'd drive me crazy (-er).

JSayonara

Yeah, I'm not so unreasonable as to expect a perfect image but stuff like this drives me nuts.
It's so obvious and it keeps happening.
My last volume of Dredd is the same, utterly out of whack and so noticeable.

I wish they'd just give up on the idea if they can't do it properly.

Bad Andy

So just checking - I'm not the only sub without the Savage replacement? I might draw my own spine and stick it on

IndigoPrime

My suspicion is no subscribers got it.

moogie101

Quote from: Bad Andy on 10 November, 2020, 01:38:18 PM
So just checking - I'm not the only sub without the Savage replacement? I might draw my own spine and stick it on

No, loads of subscribers are missing it, apparently they're now sending them with 73/74 but we shall see!