Main Menu

"A tiny arm hanging out of the pupil of her left eye"...

Started by glassstanley, 06 August, 2017, 01:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glassstanley

This phrase appears at least 3 times in Dave Stone's 2000AD work. It's in the Prologue of his Psykogeddon novel, is spoken by a computer in his Killing Zone audio and is said by Edwina Strange in the Strange Cases strip in the JD Mega-Special #4.

I'm fairly sure that appears in another strip in the weekly Prog, possibly by John Smith, but I can't find it.

Is it referencing a film/novel of the time? (the Strange Cases strip appeared in 1991, the the other 2 in 2002 & 2006). Or is it the equivalent of a 2000AD 'flash-frame'?

leather-clad-lust-object

I can't believe I'm not the only one who's wondered about this! Sorry that I don't have much useful to contribute, but I do have this panel I'd saved without context on my computer, so I'm not sure if it's one of the examples you'd listed.

Also, in the killing zone, it's referenced in the script by a Psi-Judge as well as a computer.

It's been bugging me since forever too  :-\

JayzusB.Christ

Oddly enough, I was only reading that Armitage strip a couple of days ago, and still couldn't quite place the phrase in the thread title (though I knew I'd seen it very recently).  I loved Dave Stone's 'Amsterdam meets Bangkok' version of Brit Cit.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

leather-clad-lust-object

Have to agree with you here tbh. I honestly love Armitage for all it's done to make Brit-cit distinct from MC1, instead of a carbon copy with slightly altered helmets. I mean, the US and UK are already incredibly different, I have a hard time imagining they would have the exact same system and culture and everything.

glassstanley

Quote from: leather-clad-lust-object on 08 August, 2017, 02:14:05 PM
I can't believe I'm not the only one who's wondered about this! Sorry that I don't have much useful to contribute, but I do have this panel I'd saved without context on my computer, so I'm not sure if it's one of the examples you'd listed.

Also, in the killing zone, it's referenced in the script by a Psi-Judge as well as a computer.

It's been bugging me since forever too  :-\

The panel you posted is another example. That's 5 examples. I'm sure there's another - maybe even in a John Smith script.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk