Main Menu

Changing of the clocks

Started by The Enigmatic Dr X, 01 April, 2003, 04:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Enigmatic Dr X

The changing of the clocks last weekend has really bollixed me. I am absolutely shattered every morning - more so than normal. I even had an argument with Mrs X this morning because I told her to "shhh" (I don't do mornings). Well, she haraunged me and I listened. Is this a sign of old age, or am I just working too hard (an average of 13 hours a day, for the last 14 days - including weekends. Poor me!) God help me, EVEN COFFEE DOESN'T WORK!
Lock up your spoons!

Oddboy

I got passed the problem of the changing clocks buy accidently staying up to 5am / 6am (depending on which way you look at it).  Then slept in.

That way, when you do wake up, you've know idea what the time should be anyway so you just have to trust the new time.

Having said all that, I managed to stay at work for an extra hour yesterday because they haven't changed the clocks here yet.
Buggers.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Devons Daddy

an average of 13 hours a day, for the last 14 days

careful you will have all the females telling you thats there normal daily routine.

but i would suggest its the lack experience of doing such long hours.it wil take its toll. i have always worked a 12 hour day since i can remerbernote to all dont even consider a chefs job.
a single day wont work. you need one to rest and one to enjoy, then get back to it. you will accomplish far more,.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Nice Tom

I tend to compensate myself by thinking that although I may be tired, at least I have achieved a primitive form of time travel.

Queen Firey-Bou

13 hours ?! pah poofs ! i laugh at your meagre hours !

actually in my opinion its not the hours your working, lets face it working 12 hours digging trenches is different from 12 hours shuffling papers... however its the stress & the pressure that youre under.
dd's one day to rest & one to enjoy sounds very sensible. i generally only get sundays off , but when i say off, i mean to catch up with sleep, the housework & spend time with the family. so by monday morning i'm even more shattered.

nope, everyone was chill out & relax more, i prescribe by royal decree that all must leave work early, have a nice long hot bath, put the feet up & lol about in the chat room.

Trout

", i prescribe by royal decree that all must leave work early, have a nice long hot bath, put the feet up & lol about in the chat room."

Blah, blah, blah.

Your decrees lack originality, dignified capital letters and proper syntax.

You poor, sad, teuchter copy of a real monarch.

BTW I regularly work 13-hour shifts at work. It's a pain in the arse but not all Kings spend their time opening supermarkets and selling presents folk have given them.

- Trout

Queen Firey-Bou

"BTW I regularly work 13-hour shifts at work. It's a pain in the arse but not all Kings spend their time opening supermarkets and selling presents folk have given them. "

blah blah blah, this ex-king clearly is liveing in the past, since when has this lovely gorgeous foxy teuchter Queen worked less than 13 hours a day?
 since when do real foxy monarchs go to supermarkets? we're too busy working to eat or shop !
presents ? pah in my shiney happy domain i make & give all the presents.

no idea has he, but then since when did the ex-troutman king last get a slot on the news ? ( well okay the bit after the news)

poor poor sassenach .( in the sense of southerner rather than english-poof)

Trout

"the bit after the news"

You mean Emmerdale?

Shut up, peasant. Like all you commoners, you're clearly ON something.

- Trout

karne

http://www.blackstate.com/yoda.jpg>

"no idea has he"

Trout

There's another point.

I'm sick of all these pictures of Bou cluttering up the site!
:-)

- Trout

karne

You're obviously a "cat"-fish Trouty.

Quirkafleeg

MeeeoooooW! Get her!!!

Editor been nasty to you today or something, fishy one?

Queen Firey-Bou

He's just jealous of my status, brains, fame AND good looks. poor soul.
emmerdale ? whats that something that southerners watch?  pfff not for the likes of me & my news presenter chums.

ahhh he's just huffing cos i didn't bring up the subject of a trawler ban in the inner lochs in my ...ahem ..news interview. poor wee fishy , dinnae woory son, we willnae let those east coast lads in their muckle boats get ye.

Trout