Main Menu

Richard Elson or Carlos Ezquerra - Artists Ryder Cup Current vs Classic - Tie 24

Started by Colin YNWA, 03 June, 2021, 06:47:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I, Cosh

We never really die.

judgeurko

Colin YNWA

Quote from: judgeurko on 03 June, 2021, 01:28:41 PM
Elson is awful.

Well he's not is he.What you mean is you really don't like his work - which is fine - but he's clearly not awful as he's carved out a successful career both here and in the States and regardless of personal views on subjective art, is clearly incredibly talented.

Remember rule number 1
1. MOST IMPORTANTLY - any artist who appears in these votes is a better artist than we'll ever be and so even if you really don't like someone's work (which is fine) keep it lovely like I know you can.

Rogue Judge

Carlos Ezquerra 4 : Richard Elson 1

Unfortunate draw for Elson here. Kingdom is one of my all time favorite thrills, in no small part to Elson's fantastic efforts. However, like many others, I've made my passion for Ezquerra's art known, for me he can't be beat.

sintec

Horrible draw for Elson but someone had to come about against Carlos.

Carlos 4 : Elson 1

Funt Solo

Carlos Ezquerra 5 Richard Elson 0.

Elson is awful.

Elson 5 : 0 Ezquerra

Ezquerra is awful.

There. Now we're both making equal amounts of sense.

For the terminally dim:  I don't think any of the artists are awful. I'm making a broader point.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Dog Deever

Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

TordelBack

abelardsnazz

Has to be a tie on this one for me.

Carlos Ezquerra 2, Richard Elson 2.

Colin YNWA

Love the fact that even though there is such love for Carlos and his talent even he can't get a whitewash and some individual votes have gone Richard Elson's way. Just a day to pile on the love as I'll close this one in the morning.

As for my vote.Well yes Carlos is brilliant - he's in my top ten, but unlike many he's not my absolute fav. I also have a great deal of love for Richard Elson's muscular art and Kingdom is just a high in recent years and his art there is just astonishing and its hard to imagine anyone else coming close on that series. As such:

Richard Elson 2 : Carlos Ezquerra 3

I, Cosh

Quote from: I, Cosh on 03 June, 2021, 01:20:07 PM
Elson 5 - 0 Ezquerra

This was a joke, by the way. I don't idolise Ezquerra the way many do but he was very good.

Ezquerra 4 - 1 Elson
We never really die.

Colin YNWA

Voting Closed

No surprise here with a comfortable victory for Classic Team. Its worth noting the amount of love there was for Richard Elson but let's be honest there wasn't an artist around who was going to make much of an impact on Carlos.

In the overall picture that narrow win yesterday has meant all of a sudden Classic Team have close the gap that was starting to open up down and the result tomorrow morning is all the more important as we enter the final full week of competition.

Current Team 12.5 : Classic Team 11.5

Current Team 1082 : Classic Team 1159*

*still need to check these!

judgeurko

Quote from: Funt Solo on 03 June, 2021, 06:47:33 PM

Elson is awful.

Ezquerra is awful.

For the terminally dim:  I don't think any of the artists are awful. I'm making a broader point.
No we are not. I am giving my opinion. Not sure what your broader point is, do we have to like all artists?

BPP

Quote from: judgeurko on 08 June, 2021, 04:00:04 PM
Quote from: Funt Solo on 03 June, 2021, 06:47:33 PM

Elson is awful.

Ezquerra is awful.

No we are not. I am giving my opinion. Not sure what your broader point is, do we have to like all artists?

No but you can express your dislike constructively or couch it in subjectivity a tad more tactfully. But on the whole this isn't a place to be negative. For example instead of saying 'this cover is crap' it would be better to say 'it dosent work for me, I think the colours / style / figurework / perspective/ whatever isn't great'.  People often say they don't like stories in the prog reviews but nobody needs to call anything 'awful' like a clarion cry.

It's just the vibe here. There are FB groups where people can do that negative opinions thing the internet loves to deal in.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd