Main Menu

THE OFFICIAL 2021 2000 AD COVER OF THE YEAR VOTE

Started by Pete Wells, 20 December, 2021, 08:14:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoGilesGo

2234 Plummet of the Ape - PJ Holden.

Something very magical in the simplicity of this cover.

2229 Crunch Point - Dermot Power

OK, the lawgiver barrel is a bit wonky but everything else is ace. Great shit-eating grin from Dredd, as he strides over a crushed droid (a crucial turning point for the episode within) with boots that would do McMahon proud.

2251 Escape into the Unknown - Mark Harrison

Very busy without being overwhelming. Lovely colouring and a great central focus.

paddykafka

norton canes

norton canes

With honourable mentions to Chris Weston's prog 2260 Klegg montage, Dylan Teague's impeccably drafted prog 2236 Dredd, Simon Davis's hauntingly minimal brace of Thistlebone covers and of course as ever, all of Cliff Robinson's other phenomenal efforts.

Loved Dan Cornwell's prog 2241 Department K cover too!

Barrington Boots

Revisiting these excellent covers has totally inspired me to buy the Covers Uncovered Annual.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

GoGilesGo

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 23 December, 2021, 04:26:27 PM
Revisiting these excellent covers has totally inspired me to buy the Covers Uncovered Annual.

same

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Tiplodocus

1st - 2248. Just gorgeous composition and intriguing premise  from an old master

2nd - 2233 - a regened and refreshing take on a cover we've seen in many forms before.

3rd - 2244 - a muscular rendering and slightly disturbing image that grabs you by the scruff of the neck and you don't need a gladius pointed at your throat to say you love it

2248 -
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

dweezil2

Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

1. 2240- quite rightly chosen as the cover for the Covers Uncovered Annual.

2. 2232- Disturbing badger murder.

3. 2215- The last action-packed Slaine cover, like they used to be.

SBT

Tomwe

Albion

Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Rara Avis

1. Dermot Power (2229)
2. Mick McMahon (2250)
3. Simon Davis (2223)

Rogue Judge

So many great covers, I love a bunch equally. Here were my favorites at a glance.

1. 2216 - This Simpson cover has a cool Dead Man / Western vibe that I really like.
2. 2231 - Another classic Robinson Dredd cover.
3. 2225 - This is a cover that makes me want to buy an issue to see the story inside, Foster is fantastic.

HM: 2221 - Love this Ezquerra homage by Holden!

Sean SD

So many great covers but my three are:

2236 Teague
2215 Montague
2222 McCarthy