Main Menu

Sideshow Vote: Igor, are you a loyal servant?

Started by broodblik, 23 March, 2022, 03:36:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rogue Judge

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 25 March, 2022, 09:50:49 AM
It seems most of us are pretty old here.

This vote was a clever scheme to find out how old everyone is without having to actually ask.

Rogue Judge

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 23 March, 2022, 01:45:57 PM
Quote from: Rogue Judge on 23 March, 2022, 01:19:42 PM
Probably need to try reading the prog on something larger than my phone.

Oh definately I can't read comics on a phone (well clearly I can but hate it) but on a nice shiny tablet its a perfectly nice experience. If you are lucky enough to be able to get one the largest screen possible works for me - I have a 12' screen (Samsung Galaxy S7 Pro folks here with more tech knowledge swear by iPads) and its basically the same size as a regular US comic. For the Meg (and by extension I assume the Prog, but I get those physically) the dimensions aren't quite as well suited as they are broader and so you lose a little off the height to fit it in, its still absolutely lovely and the images so sharp as to make reading a delight on Tablet.

I do get the desire for physical and if I really like a series or comic I will track down phyisical but where here are barriers to that entirely happy to read digital on a good tablet.

That makes sense Colin, thanks for the tablet info. I've never needed a tablet but could probably justify getting one to read the prog. Makes sense that digital would read better on a screen larger than 5x2 inches. However, I'll still grab physical progs when I find em!

Funt Solo

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 25 March, 2022, 09:50:49 AM
It seems most of us are pretty old here.

Newer people use Farcebook, Twatter and TwatTok. This place be olde skool Interweb, with broken emojis and everything.  :o.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Funt Solo on 25 March, 2022, 02:52:18 PM

Newer people use Farcebook, Twatter and TwatTok. This place be olde skool Interweb, with broken emojis and everything.  :o.

I can remember the forum when it was just a list of nested threads with a picture of Tharg in the corner whose eye would move to follow the position of your cursor. :-)
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Funt Solo

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 25 March, 2022, 04:06:35 PM

I can remember the forum when it was just a list of nested threads with a picture of Tharg in the corner whose eye would move to follow the position of your cursor. :-)

Well, that Tharg eyeballs thing should definitely be reinstated. And speech bubbles with the word "Drokk!" in them should be generated continuously by the mouse. And this should be somewhere:

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Dash Decent

Newer people use Farcebook, Twatter and TwatTok.

Apparently Youtube, Twitter and Facebook are planning a merger.  The new amalgamated platform will be called YouTwitFace.

(Meanwhile, on the stock market, lifts are down and pencils lost a few points...)
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

JayzusB.Christ

I STARTED IN THE 80S AND AM STILL READING.

And yes, I would like the moving eye Tharg back too.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Daveycandlish

I was there at the beginning and lapsed but I am back

I left in the early 80s when I discovered nicotine and alcohol (the opposite sex came later, and cost less!) and came back into the fold with the 2000 yearbook/prog/annual/whatever it was called at that point and been a subscriber  for about 20 years now, I think.
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

broodblik

Mmmm, my plot has been uncovered but you do not have an excuse to reveal your true age. So you have until Wednesday to join the club of man of honor and gentility.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

I am going to sound like a millennium now, here is a trophy for everyone when I say there is no losers for this vote because we all that have read the prog are winners.
So basically, most of us started in the 80s then we have a few privilege gentlemen who started right at the epicenter of everything.
But here is the vote (or rather the poll) result:
-   I started in the 80s and I am still reading (8 votes)
-   I started in the 80s and lapsed but I am back (5 votes)
-   I was there at the beginning and lapsed but I am back (3 votes)
-   I started in the 70s and I am still reading (2 votes)
-   I started in the rebellion years, and lapsed but still get the collections (1 vote)
-   I was there at the beginning and here I am still reading (1 vote)
-   Collections Only (1 vote)
-   I started in the 70s and lapsed but I am back (1 vote)
-   I started in the rebellion years, and I am still reading (1 vote)
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

Interesting only 1 voter was there all the way.