Main Menu

Judge Dredd The "Complete" Case Files Question

Started by JSouth5942, 07 June, 2010, 05:17:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toni Scandella

I am probably in a tiny minortity, but I would re-buy those first 11 volumes if they were reprinted in the colour format - they would be thinner, like Vol 12 onwards, for a start, and I'd like to see those old stories with the colour pages as they were in the original progs.

The Mighty Ric

Hi as an aside from the original question could anyone advise where America and the Dead Man fall in relation to the case files?  Cheers!   :)

Trent

Toni,
I don't think you are in such a minority. Many have expressed their delight at getting some early Dredds with colour spreads in the Mega Collection such ad Oz, making the likes of the Apocalypse War, Luna City Stories and probably Judge Child all the more disappointing. Shouldn't really complain as I expected the colour and lack of it to mirror the Case Files so really we havehad some bonuses.
I think this reflects how keen many would be to get those early progs up to vol 11 in their proper format.

Richard

The Dead Man is right before volume 14.
America is after volume 14.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: The Mighty Ric on 23 December, 2016, 09:49:11 AM
Hi as an aside from the original question could anyone advise where America and the Dead Man fall in relation to the case files?  Cheers!   :)

@jamesfeistdraws

Dolman

Well, thank you Dark Jimbo, that's pretty clear and useful.

Rogue Judge

I have a question of my own - which Case Files are considered to be "not good"? I hear the mid 90's was not the best. Are there any volumes that are completely irredeemable?

I've just completed reading volume 16 and thoroughly enjoyed it - so far I think Ennis has done a bang up job up to this point; Twilight's Last Gleaming was great (I was glad to see Yassa return) and the Emerald Isles story was humorous and enjoyable. I'll be starting volume 17 tomorrow and moving forward, would like to know what people think (I'm reading all these stories for the first time and am really enjoying them so far).

Greg M.

Quote from: Rogue Judge on 03 January, 2017, 06:44:29 AM
I have a question of my own - which Case Files are considered to be "not good"? I hear the mid 90's was not the best. Are there any volumes that are completely irredeemable?

19 is the worst Case File of the lot ("Inferno"), but no Case File is irredeemable - even 19 has some utterly superb Carlos art and a few good Wagner tales at the back. And there are good bits to "Inferno". Likewise 20 - it has some of the worst Dredd stories ever printed - "Book of the Dead", "Frankenstein Division" - but it also has "Bury My Knee at Wounded Heart", "Giant" and "Howler", all of which are sublime.

Rogue Judge

Thanks Greg -. Good to know that there is some gold mixed in with the rubbish. I think im relatively easy to please as I have enjoyed nearly every case files so far. Im currently on chapter 12 of Judgement Day  (CF 17) and am enjoying the drokk out of it!