Main Menu

2023 Advent Submissions

Started by Trooper McFad, 01 December, 2023, 06:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

Another doltish Dash double-up:

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Andy Lambert

From the Vaults - my first ever contribution to the forum calendar.

Judge Woody

Le Fink

And finally...

Script: Dash Decent
Art: Le Fink

Hope you can make out what's going on... sorry Dash it turned out super-elaborate

Le Fink

Funt Solo

Festive covers, part 5 of 5:

Play "Guess the Artist" on the comments thread!

And here's a fuller version of the Dark Judges one:

An angry nineties throwback who needs to get a room ... at a lesbian gymkhana.

Dash Decent

Still don't know what to get the kids for Christmas?

Why not teach your juvies to gamble and to spell at the same time?

Bodgey Enterprises presents

"My First Alpha Bet"

Also still available, those perenniel favourites

The Cat in the Knee-pads Comes Back

and

One Perp, Two Perps, Dead Perp, Cubed Perp

Available at the third garage along under the overpass down the disreputable alley behind the disused factory and ask for Charlie, and where all good industrial solvents are sold.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Andy Lambert

QuoteI've been a tad obsessed with Thomas Nast over the last couple of Christmases, so I'm very happy with that comparison.  In fact I blatantly ripped him off for one of last year's entries.

I just clocked this - that's a fantastic recreation/adaption! Brilliantly executed and a fantastic idea! Love it!

The calendar is sadly drawing to a close but not without some more excellent submissions - the Fink/Decent collab was truly truly wonderful! Great humour and brilliantly drawn with lots of detail to enjoy, like the bumpy headed snowman and Johnny's apron! Crackin' stuff!
Dash's representation of Santa and Tharg yesterday was hilarious! Again, great quirky character drawing!

Andy Lambert

NOT from the Vaults - after Mick McMahon.
Happy Christmas Eve!

JohnW

Fine and final submissions this day.
Let me add these leftovers.

NATIVITY SCENES THAT DIDN'T MAKE IT

I had these lying around in case there were too few contributors to the calendar this year. I'm so glad I only had to do the one day and that it came early on – otherwise I'd have had to compete with Andy and be associated with Dash (There, there, Dash – you know I don't mean it!).
It's been a pleasure to check in every day and see what delights have been posted (Oddly-dressed bouncing weirdos from Canadia!). I particularly love how new members and old members alike step up and show off. The calendar turns unnoticed or half-noticed posters into personalities. It makes the forum seem more like a community.

And it's Trooper McFad who, with his dedicated nagging through the year, emerges as the big hero, and the man who draws out the best in us.

The 2000AD Forum: A special place ...
Quote from: Dash Decent on 24 December, 2023, 08:22:08 AM...where all good industrial solvents are sold.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

Dash Decent

Bonus Dash - let's tip out the rest of the waste bin past submissions folder as I don't know I'll be able to get back for the 25th free-for-all... and it is the 25th in my part of the world anyway.

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

Sheer desperation - a balloon and a cupcake/patty cake holder

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

The Plants vs Zombies reference really dates this, though I always thought the Squash really looked like Dredd.  And I was pleased with the "Judge Veg" line.

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll