Main Menu

40 Years of Scream! - April 2024 - Collecting EVERY issue???

Started by Dash Decent, 07 July, 2023, 01:54:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

Quote from: judgeurko on 08 February, 2024, 07:38:57 PM
Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 08 January, 2024, 08:59:53 PMI had every issue, complete with plastic teeth and all, before the Dark Times. Before the Event. Gone, now. Swept away... etc.

What dark times? What event?

The Great Purge
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

judgeurko

Quote from: Dash Decent on 09 February, 2024, 12:15:19 PM
Quote from: judgeurko on 08 February, 2024, 07:38:57 PM
Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 08 January, 2024, 08:59:53 PMI had every issue, complete with plastic teeth and all, before the Dark Times. Before the Event. Gone, now. Swept away... etc.

What dark times? What event?

The Great Purge
Stalin?

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Fortnight

Fortnight

I'm guessing at 464 pages it won't include all the story material from the specials.

Checking my original comics, at 32 pages per issue for 15 issues, less approx 35 non-story pages leaves about 444/445 pages. That makes about 20 pages for extra material (and there's usually a useless page at the start and end with some graphic on it, plus title/colophon/indicia page or whatever you call it). Not enough for even a couple of the specials.

Looks like it might be essentially like binding your original issues together. Just nicer. And without ads. Or teeth 'n' spiders.

Maybe a volume 2. There's enough material for one, although a lot of it will be less interesting.

Dash Decent

Quote from: Fortnight on 13 February, 2024, 02:37:54 AMI'm guessing at 464 pages it won't include all the story material from the specials.

According to the blurb, it's just the 15 issues of the comic run.  No mention of the specials being included.  As you say, an opportunity for a follow up if it proves popular.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Richard

I wouldn't worry about it. In those days, stories in specials and annuals were usually not as good as in the regular issues.

If there's a particular story you think is really good, maybe write to Matt Smith and ask him to put it in the Megazine's Treasury Classics section.

Fortnight

Swerty

I had the first 10 or so Scream comics when I was a kid.God knows where they went.Looking forward to getting this.

Doomlord66

Quote from: Swerty on 23 February, 2024, 06:08:32 PMI had the first 10 or so Scream comics when I was a kid.God knows where they went.Looking forward to getting this.

Me too, I think I had them all. 2 months to go... Gonna be a great birthday present.

Fortnight