Main Menu

2000AD Podcast ep 30!!

Started by bluemeanie, 11 August, 2010, 09:19:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 11 August, 2010, 01:33:53 PM
Quote from: Dandontdare on 11 August, 2010, 01:16:16 PM
Or instead of downloading an MP3 and converting, you can just download it straight from the i-tunes store.

No conversion required. Just add it to your iTunes library. I don't know where this idea that iTunes can't handle MP3s comes from...

Cheers

Jim

I've never done it with a podcast, but whenever I've tried to copy a music MP3 from another folder into my i-tunes library, i-tunes always takes a minute to convert it into the right format (is it WMA?). It's no hassle and doesn't require you to actually do anything, it just takes a little more time to save the file.

Tweak72

Quote from: bluemeanie on 11 August, 2010, 01:01:23 PM
Quote from: flip-r mk2 on 11 August, 2010, 12:54:54 PM
Is it possible to download these podcasts onto my ipod?

filip

um...yeah.. cant you put any mp3 onto an ipod?
Oh, you mean through itunes?

If you go into itunes and look up Geek Syndicate, then show all available episodes, you'll see all our ones plus a load of others. I'd also recommend Small Press Big Mouth if you have the time as its got The Whittle who stands in for us a lot.

Dont forget "Dissecting worlds" which is quite possibly one of the most Arsom pod casts ever. Present company accepted, of course.
+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

Pete Wells

Hey guys, does anyone know if I can play DVDs on a DVD player? :D

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Dandontdare on 11 August, 2010, 03:37:25 PM
I've never done it with a podcast, but whenever I've tried to copy a music MP3 from another folder into my i-tunes library, i-tunes always takes a minute to convert it into the right format (is it WMA?). It's no hassle and doesn't require you to actually do anything, it just takes a little more time to save the file.

Apple's default format for ripping audio from CD, and for iTunes purchases, is AAC, but this can be changed in the preferences. It may be duplicating your file to its own library if you have this option checked:

There may also be a slight delay while it reads the metadata and queries CDDB/Gracenote for tracknames and/or artwork, but I'm pretty sure it shouldn't be converting your MP3 files to WMAs...

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

flintlockjaw

Rich!
Do you have vinyl version I can listen too?

The Legendary Shark

Another great ep, fellas. Well done to The Hod for giving a confident and accessible performance despite the pressure of being listened to by nearly a billion people. Way to go.

Oh, and thanks. Thanks a bunch. Now everybody knows about my grizzled old knob.  :lol:
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Tweak72

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 11 August, 2010, 05:56:11 PM
Oh, and thanks. Thanks a bunch. Now everybody knows about my grizzled old knob.  :lol:

We all knew anyway, TLS. ;)
+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

The Legendary Shark

Oh, the ignominy. Ignominy! Ignominy! They've all got it igno...

Bugger. I'll never get the hang of this comedy lark.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

thehod

Thanks for the kind words guys. I have to say that Rich must have had his work cut out in editing the damn thing seeing as a) i talk more bollocks than anyone else alive and b) we had some serious technical issues whilst recording, and from what I could tell, Rich spend most of the episode sounding like Norman Collier.

But I had a blast doing it, so I'm glad its not gone down like a french kiss at a family reunion.
The Hod: Novelist, raconteur and celebrated sexual athlete.

thehod

Quote from: radiator on 11 August, 2010, 11:25:50 AM
Cheers chaps.

I'm about ten minutes in, and just want to say to thehod: It sounds very likely that the guy 'ripping into' the Dredd script and calling it a 'Die-Hard rip-off' on the Doctor Who forum was 'scojo' - a known oddball (read: actually mentally unstable) with an axe to grind who has been posting exactly the same thing on every single blog, site and message board that covered the news (he has a lifetime ban from here).

The reception to the script elsewhere has been positive pretty much across the board.

He goes by a different name on Gallifrey Base and apparently on imdb where he has posted reviews, but it does sound awfully like someone with a bug up their ass about something, rather than someone posting an intellegent and meaningful review of the script.
The Hod: Novelist, raconteur and celebrated sexual athlete.

paladinb

Hey all, I saw some of the question about ECBT2000ad and picking it up on itunes so I figured I'd chime in. I know rich has already answered the question but i figured in case the problem rears it's ugly head again this link.

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=199532704

should take out take to itunes and our feed which will have ECBT2000AD, Dissecting Worlds and all the other podcast on the feed.

Cheers all!

Pete Wells

Hey guys, thanks for bigging up my 2000AD covers blog. I loved the way you kept referring to me and 'they' as if there was more than one saddo involved in the site. I do all my creator stalking on my own, I find that if I take someone along with me when I'm raking through their bins/washing lines that it increases the chances of being caught.

Thanks for the kind words though fellas!

bluemeanie

No probs mate,
thanks for all the desktop wallpapers  :P

DrJomster

About 1/3 of the way through and it's a good show people! Informative and energetic! :)
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Dandontdare

hehehe - has your missus heard those last 5 minutes yet? The "I'm gonna ditch your segment for this really hot chick who's incredible in every way" bit?

I've got an image of you coming home one day to find your wife and Leigh Gallagher standing there with folded arms and stern expressions.  :lol:

And nice to hear a new voice in Hod.