Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hippynumber1

Who lives? Who dies? Who loses their ruddy feet? Tune in tomorrow to find out...

japandroid

I only own one 2000AD original. This was bought from the dealer opposite me at the 1st British Comic Show that the Book Palace did. I never had any intention of buying original art but loved this straight away and could  hardly turn it down for £20!

Skullmo

Bit overpriced, but a really lovely page!
It's a joke. I was joking.

japandroid

Thanks. I reckon it was probably worth around £75 at the time must have been 2001ish. Not sure what the going rate is now. There were some Inferno title pages on ebay a few years back for around £250.

hippynumber1

And they all lived happily ever after...  :-\

Call-Me-Kenneth

Spikes

Artwise - for me, its been a bit quiet of late. But a couple more DoC's from Leigh Gallagher dropped through my letterbox today.

hippynumber1

Poor old 'Lardy' Bagnell broke his ankle while having a wank in an abandoned house...

smiffy

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 20 September, 2014, 05:22:00 PM
Poor old 'Lardy' Bagnell broke his ankle while having a wank in an abandoned house...

Lovely Bradley pages, good sir -- cracking Rupert the Bear parodies.

Love the Ridgeway page, too, but I am reasonably confident he broke his ankle falling down the stairs.

hippynumber1

While trying to have a crafty wank over a copy of H&E he'd got out from under the floorboard on the previous page!  ;)

smiffy

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 20 September, 2014, 08:32:05 PM
While trying to have a crafty wank over a copy of H&E he'd got out from under the floorboard on the previous page!  ;)

Your argument is still weak on causation. A lesser poster would hint that you are projecting. I'm not, so I won't. In any event, a cracking page.

hippynumber1

My argument would be that if he'd had a wank in his bedroom instead of the creepy, abandoned house he wouldn't have heard the noise in the cellar, which he then wouldn't have investigated, which means he wouldn't have fallen and broken his ankle! The lesson being 'Don't wank in creepy, abandoned old houses!'  ;) Especially seeing as in the next page, a creepy old paedo type comes down the cellar after him...

Skullmo

Nothing like a nice wank in a haunted house!

And, in no way related, Elfric by Clint Langley!

It's a joke. I was joking.

hippynumber1

Great Langley! Now for a beautiful Anderson from Mark Farmer

hippynumber1