Main Menu

Life is sometimes sort of okay because...

Started by House of Usher, 23 March, 2009, 05:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

Try looking for some little private camp-sites, JBC. There are a lot of them about in England, tucked away in odd places, maybe also over there too. It's off-season now so you might be able to get a cheap pitch - especially if you pitch-in with the site's winter maintenance.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

Thanks Sharky. I know you've had similar experiences!  I've actually tried a few sites like the ones you're talking about; they pretty much all close for the winter months except for one or two which are unplumbed and very hard to get to. I haven't ruled them out entirely but I'm exploring other options first.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

TordelBack

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 15 October, 2015, 01:43:59 PM
Thanks Sharky. I know you've had similar experiences!  I've actually tried a few sites like the ones you're talking about; they pretty much all close for the winter months except for one or two which are unplumbed and very hard to get to. I haven't ruled them out entirely but I'm exploring other options first.

I hear there's a field in Glenamuck going a-begging.  Neighbours seem like right cold thugs, mind.

Link Prime

Good luck with the hunt Jayzus, if I hear of anything I'll drop you a PM.

Link Prime

For the 5 readers who care; life is tittering between 'Spugs', 'Sort of Okay', and 'Drokking Fantastic' for me.
It's all a bit surreal...The heart-stopping 'Sold' sign is now up.
No going back!  :-\

Here's a pic of my site (and unbelievable view).

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Citi-Def_Joe

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Tordelback on 15 October, 2015, 01:47:45 PM
Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 15 October, 2015, 01:43:59 PM

I hear there's a field in Glenamuck going a-begging.  Neighbours seem like right cold thugs, mind.

:D You're a sick man, TB.

Link, thanks a million; and your own site looks bleedin' deadly! Hope it all goes well, keep us posted.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

TordelBack

Quote from: Link Prime on 15 October, 2015, 04:36:32 PM
For the 5 readers who care; life is tittering between 'Spugs', 'Sort of Okay', and 'Drokking Fantastic' for me.
It's all a bit surreal...The heart-stopping 'Sold' sign is now up.
No going back!  :-\

Here's a pic of my site (and unbelievable view).

Hootin' heck!  Magnificent. Expect plenty of 3rd Party Appeals on spurious grounds!

maryanddavid

Looks class Link, what a view!

Jayzus, Achill has a great campsite, does mobile homes too, might be a bit of a commute though...http://www.achillcamping.com/

Sheridan, I think building your own home is more common in rural Ireland, well over half the people I work with would have built their own.

Fungus

My main memory of driving around Donegal is the house-building; where they weren't building their own (it's an innate ability), the plots had weatherproofed paperwork on display so that no-one else could start theirs. Like the Wild West but more impressive. I miss Ireland.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: maryanddavid on 15 October, 2015, 10:06:36 PM
Looks class Link, what a view!

Jayzus, Achill has a great campsite, does mobile homes too, might be a bit of a commute though...http://www.achillcamping.com/

Thanks David, looks great but most of my work is in Dublin, sadly!

The Legendary Shark

Maybe find a nice Romany girl to settle down wander 'round with?
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Devons Daddy

BECAUSE
I have booked my tickets to the UK for Christmas,

which makes me all pleased, proud, nostalgic and fuzzy at the same time. its sort of OK as the price was slightly :o for five of us.
but that aside.  ::) We are in the UK for Christmas. 
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Grugz

that's nice, can you not get rain where you live?

Mind you, they are predicting a terrible snowy winter so you might get stuck here
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html