Main Menu

Life is sometimes sort of okay because...

Started by House of Usher, 23 March, 2009, 05:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rately

Have a bit of Hal Jordan streaking going on to contrast the ginger.

Quite happy with it, and not vain enough to get it covered up.

Dandontdare

Quote from: Rately on 22 April, 2016, 12:40:13 PM

I can tell you're a DC man rather than Marvel - I would've called it a Reed Richards streak!

Rately

Quote from: Dandontdare on 22 April, 2016, 01:53:34 PM
Quote from: Rately on 22 April, 2016, 12:40:13 PM

I can tell you're a DC man rather than Marvel - I would've called it a Reed Richards streak!

Ha!

Rather bizarrely, as I was typing it out, the image I had of Hal was the cheeky scene from an issue of late nineties Hulk where Peter David and Liam Sharp snuck Hal back into comics! Albeit at a rival publisher. I'm sure DC were delighted with it.

Something Fishy

I've had an interview today (though no idea how it went yet), another next week, met another company who invited me to a social to meet e last weekend and my former company are interested in me coming back (though it may be a couple of months).  So it might take a while but things are looking up hopefully.

Rately

Quote from: Something Fishy on 22 April, 2016, 09:46:03 PM
I've had an interview today (though no idea how it went yet), another next week, met another company who invited me to a social to meet e last weekend and my former company are interested in me coming back (though it may be a couple of months).  So it might take a while but things are looking up hopefully.

Good luck! Hope things work out for you.

Something Fishy

Thank you  :)

It'll be good to get back to work if I can. 

von Boom

That's wonderful Fishy! Glad to hear it's going to work out for you. :)

Dandontdare

cool, sounds like you're being actively headhunted - I've never had a potential employer invite me to a social!

Life is sort of okay when things that you expect to be frustrating actually work out - I had two live webchats yesterday to  a couple of lovely tech-support people presumably in India (although there's no reason they couldn't have been UK workers with Indian names), one to TalkTalk to try and get a more up-to-date wi-fi router off them without having to pay; and one to 02 as I lost my phone service.

Both were handled quickly and efficiently and the problems  sorted in minutes - shouldn't be unusual but you hear so many customer service nightmares with ISPs and phone companies that I was pleasantly surprised!

Something Fishy

Something Fishy

ZenArcade

Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Something Fishy

JayzusB.Christ

Good man, fishy, keep up the good work.

Me, I went back to martial arts last night after a year of absence. I feel like my ribcage has been pounded with a jackhammer. I think that's a good thing, but I'm not sure.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

JayzusB.Christ

...Nope, I tell a lie, it's not a good thing; it's still sore and I think I've cracked a rib.  A giant Frenchman drove his knuckle into it, knocking me to the floor - I didn't feel it at the time but by Christ I do now.  Still, though; I've fractured a rib before - feck all you can do about it but wait till it fixes itself.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

maryanddavid