Main Menu

Recent posts

News / Re: Strontium Dog comes to Kic...
Last post by JayzusB.Christ - Today at 08:19:09 AM
Quote from: Dash Decent on 18 April, 2023, 04:45:06 AMThis fat bloated nose, this is the distracting one.  It looks wrong.  It's not a nose I'd pick.

Around the time they brought back Johnny Alpha (as a slightly different character in a different universe, with an eye for adapting the story for TV, if anyone remembers that), It occurred to me that Jimmy Nail wouldn't be the worst Johnny Alpha ever.  I know he should have a posh accent, being Future-Farage's son, but as i say, it was a different universe.
News / Re: The Great Dante Readthroug...
Last post by JayzusB.Christ - Today at 08:14:53 AM
Just catching up on my Dante readthroughs - loads of fun as always, thanks guys.  And yeah, I remember rooting for Viktor around this time in the progs, as I'd forgotten what a nasty, vicious little fecker he really was.
General / Re: Mega City Book Club - a ne...
Last post by JayzusB.Christ - Today at 08:12:30 AM
Really enjoyed that podcast - thanks again, Eamonn.  There was a lot of really interesting stuff about Peter Flint I hadn't realised or had forgotten.  When I get round to abolishing the whole system of aristocracy, I might make an exception for him.
General / Re: Wrap It Up
Last post by JayzusB.Christ - Today at 08:09:10 AM
I'd forgotten about that cover - what an absolute classic.  That's Inaba again up the front, isn't it?  And that Arnold Rimmer lad behind Halo Jones must be Bill Savage.

It wasn't the first time Fabry had drawn Dredd grinning inanely, either.

(The article this image came from claims that it was from a story where a woman from MC1 gets godlike powers - I was sure it was a man.)

Film & TV / Re: Current TV Boxset Addictio...
Last post by Hawkmumbler - Today at 07:41:10 AM
Fair! I actually entirely forgot ZZ was just unavailable in the west until about 10 years ago, I'm absolutely speaking from a position of privilege there being able to go through the original run in true sequential order, good time to be alive. Hope you get as mch out of ZZ as I am, it's rightly deserving of its reappraisal.

Dunbine is 'chefs kiss' one of the very best.
Off Topic / Re: Threadjacking!
Last post by The Legendary Shark - Today at 06:53:52 AM

And by Brian Blessed (that very emperor, Augustus) - his death scene is magnificent.

Off Topic / Re: Boys Adventure comic blog
Last post by Richard S. - Today at 06:42:08 AM
'The big greenie' comic - a kids comic from 1995 supposedly about environmental issues. Not sure any comic with a strip called 'One day on death row' can really be aimed at kids but there you go. Only 3 issues.

https://boysadventurecomics.blogspot.com/2024/04/the-big-greenie-comic.html
Prog / Re: Prog 2379 - Humanity on th...
Last post by Colin YNWA - Today at 06:04:47 AM
Well damn this one arrived yesterday but still waiting for 2378! Hate when that happens.
Prog / Re: Prog 2379 - Humanity on th...
Last post by broodblik - Today at 04:04:54 AM
Cover by I. N. J. Culbard: