Main Menu

Mad Max - Fury Road

Started by Colin YNWA, 30 June, 2012, 06:44:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackmocco

Meanwhile, back at the ranch: seen it five times now. Gets better each time. Even tried it in 3D to shake things up. Doesn't add anything.

Even more sad news: Watched MM2 at the weekend (to fill the void of not seeing FR again) and for the first time in my life <sob!> it looked a little dated. My favorite movie - by a huge margin - and it all felt a little quaint after seeing what the new one can do.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

Keef Monkey

I had been suspecting that MM2 might lose a bit of its magic after seeing this one! MM2 was always my favorite, haven't been back to it since Fury Road but since it does pretty much everything I loved about 2 and then some I'm thinking it'll emerge as the better film.

Went for my 3rd watch yesterday and it still felt fresh as a daisy and as exciting as ever. First viewing was 3D and since then I've been going 2D, I didn't find the 3D added anything either (except a duller image thanks to the glasses)! I didn't really sense any added depth to speak of, and I'm all for 3D in the cases that it works.

Mardroid

The 3D was okay, but after a while I stopped noticing it.

One film where 3D really came into it's own for me was that film starring Sandra Bullock and George Clooney a couple of years back. Gravity. (The name jsut came to me.) Not my favourite film (although it is decent) but boy did the 3D look good,.

I don't intend that as a criticism of Mad Max Fury Road. It was excellent with and without 3D.

Judge Nutmeg

seen it for third time today road warrior is still my favourite though

hazy efc

I loved fury road and tom hardy nailed it as max i can't wait to see it again, But the road warrior is still the best in the series for me.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: blackmocco on 25 May, 2015, 03:52:29 PMEven more sad news: Watched MM2 at the weekend (to fill the void of not seeing FR again) and for the first time in my life <sob!> it looked a little dated. My favorite movie - by a huge margin - and it all felt a little quaint after seeing what the new one can do.

It's astonishing that the fourth Mad Max film after 30 years might be the best and the one with the most to say. It only has one thing I don't like but it's not worth going on about. I just want more George Miller/Brendan McCarthy films.

Simon Beigh

Got back from the cinema about an hour ago. Saw it in 2D. Wow! Can't say much more than that. It really doesn't let up - I think I might need a lie down! The action if pretty much non-stop, with a bit of a pause, and then back into the action again... Don't think I've seen a film that simply doesn't let up like that for two hours. Incredible! Particularly impressed with Charlize Theron's performance.

As for whether it's better than MM2. They are different, and I like them both. But if forced to choose, I'd probably go with MM2 simply because it blew me away at such a young age. Whilst Fury Road did blew me away, I'm too old now for it to have that lasting effect that a movie does when you are young... Or am I? Time will tell, I guess :)

If I had one criticism of Fury Road... [spoiler]Very little V8 Interceptor - and it gets trashed TWICE! I was practically in tears the second time... The upcoming comic I think explains how Max rebuilds it (as a prequel to this film, he's going to have to start again now!) [/spoiler]

Keef Monkey

The latest videogame trailer released today definitely seems geared to capitalize on the current Fury Road excitement (it's certainly got a pre-order out of me) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TsYIpYow7D0

Looks like while not being a straight tie-in to the movie it does riff off it a lot. I'm sure I saw a Thunderdome in one of the screenshots too. Pretty excited for it, the idea of a potentially decent Mad Max videogame is exciting enough, but doubly so right now when I'm hungry to get as much Max as I can get in my veins.

blackmocco

Thunderdome-PLUS, apparently. [spoiler]It's where Max wins the engine to his Interceptor.[/spoiler]
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

Spikes

Quote from: Simon Beigh on 26 May, 2015, 04:47:41 PM
As for whether it's better than MM2. They are different, and I like them both. But if forced to choose, I'd probably go with MM2 simply because it blew me away at such a young age. Whilst Fury Road did blew me away, I'm too old now for it to have that lasting effect that a movie does when you are young... Or am I? Time will tell, I guess :)

Good post, SB. And yes, it's grand when something new comes along and blow's you away.
For me, not a lot does now, but that makes it all the more sweeter, when it does. Cant beat a new, and unexpected 'instant fave'.

Super keen to see this, and i'd meant to see it last Saturday, but a friends birthday needed to be celebrated, so that put paid to that. Hopefully this coming weekend, if not sooner..

Dr Feeley Good

Just been to see it....absolutely loved it !!!  :D

hazy efc

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 26 May, 2015, 05:04:03 PM
The latest videogame trailer released today definitely seems geared to capitalize on the current Fury Road excitement (it's certainly got a pre-order out of me) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TsYIpYow7D0

Looks like while not being a straight tie-in to the movie it does riff off it a lot. I'm sure I saw a Thunderdome in one of the screenshots too. Pretty excited for it, the idea of a potentially decent Mad Max videogame is exciting enough, but doubly so right now when I'm hungry to get as much Max as I can get in my veins.
The game is looking very promising indeed, but im a bit confused is that supposed to be rictus erectus (That name :lol:) in the video. And hopefully there's bikes in the game as i loved the scene in fury road were max and furiosa are fighting off the bikers who attack the war rig tanker, the movie is very much like a video game.

Bad City Blue

Loved the first five minutes where It was more like Dirty Frank: Fury Road
Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Mardroid on 25 May, 2015, 06:36:27 PM

One film where 3D really came into it's own for me was that film starring Sandra Bullock and George Clooney a couple of years back. Gravity. (The name jsut came to me.) Not my favourite film (although it is decent) but boy did the 3D look good,.

There was also that one about the future cop and the psychic rookie about three years back.  Can't remember the name of it though.

Might try Max in 3d; I only caught the 2d one
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: hazy efc on 27 May, 2015, 12:14:32 AM
Quote from: Keef Monkey on 26 May, 2015, 05:04:03 PM

The game is looking very promising indeed, but im a bit confused is that supposed to be rictus erectus (That name :lol:) in the video. And hopefully there's bikes in the game as i loved the scene in fury road were max and furiosa are fighting off the bikers who attack the war rig tanker, the movie is very much like a video game.

That was Nathan Jones I remember reading about how he got into the film business. A lot of interesting names made up for this film.

Did anybody recognise Nicholas Holt? (I think there was some homage paid towards the towhead giant king from that other film he was in....)

I didn't until about most of the way through this film and Megan Gale looks better without makeup, but I found the girl with her hair dyed red more interesting. (Despite the slim chance of that somebody in a place like that!) Would like to see them all pictured with their screen names and their real ones.

Still reckon there is a lot of Heavy Metal - F.A.K.K. 2 (I spelt this wrong the first time!) and will be making more comparsions later after I have a quick reread of the novel.

BTW[ like your choice of avatar!