Main Menu

Prog 1936 - Damnation Army

Started by Eamonn Clarke, 20 June, 2015, 08:54:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacqusie

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 20 June, 2015, 04:22:36 PM

Slaine doesn't end so much as just... stop. Very odd, and frankly unsatisfying, place to leave things.

...As it did in the first book of The Brutania Chronicles with Slaine, pretty much giving up, about to be killed wasn't it?

I wonder what happens next...

;)

JPMaybe

Ick.  That's a brilliant cover but I can't actually look at it for very long without squirming.  I keep wanting to go at it with a comedone extractor.
Quote from: Butch on 17 January, 2015, 04:47:33 PM
Judge Death is a serial killer who got turned into a zombie when he met two witches in the woods one day...Judge Death is his real name.
-Butch on Judge Death's powers of helmet generation

robert_ellis

Another stunning prog. Each story had something cool & read well. Glad to see Slaind rested for a bit.

Dandontdare

Loved the cover (off centre was the correct choice IMHO); Dredd was over too quickly, I could happily consume whole books of this kind of stuff; Absolom is also fantastic (has theer ever been a nice kind priest in comics?  ;)), and the art in Slaine went up a notch this week (if that's even possible).

Helium is good fun, but feels like a mix-tape of stories I've read before. I found Outlier a little hard to follow last time around, and in this episode I didn't have a clue what was going on. I usually like a wordless strip that makes you work a bit, but the characters have made no impression on me as real people so I really don't care enough to put the effort in - big alien punch up is about all I took from this episode, and that makes it sound a lot more thrilling than it was. I don't skip, (even ostriches!) but I'm getting close with this one.

Fungus

In a strong line-up, Outlier is... well-named.

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 20 June, 2015, 08:24:45 PM
Slaine is of course the odd one out, no surprise there as that strip chops to its conclusion. Its nice that the end reflects the previous books, but as people have said it does rather just stop, rather than conclude anything. Still looking forward to this strip returning next year as Tharg promises.

Not to next year, this would be like punishment!

I read it to, and don't find the abrupt ending so strange. Bit of cliff hanger there and Slaine's latest words are surprisingly chilling to read after what I was reading in the other Progs before this one. . Did anybody get it that Godin loos more like a unclothed-Cythron (Check the appearance of Klingslor (Did that come from Klingon?) after Slaine messing up his helmet and uniform (I assume those are made from bones or some sort of exo-skeletion they can remove!) from Time-Killer. There a obvious connection between the Drunes and their Dark-Gods there. Otherwise, t does look like Slaine is being pushed or dragged by hooked of Gort's axe to his exit. Yet, it's not like he hasn't being through this sort of thing before.

Goaty

Nice cover! Very simple to this;

Mikey

I liked:

Dredd and Helium firing along nicely, but top thrill spot goes to Absalom this week for delivering on all fronts, including the wonderful cover.

I didn't like so much:
The abrupt ending to Slaine - I don't like when there's not a neat tie off! Cliffhangers that look forward or hint at the events of the next book are fine but I felt leaving the strip in the middle of a rumble was a bit off. I was also a bit confused by Outlier and felt I'd missed an episode. As far as I can tell, it focussed on the crew from the last outing?

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Judge Nutmeg

shake n vac
and Dredd's boots off  :D

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Mikey on 24 June, 2015, 01:36:04 PM

I didn't like so much:
The abrupt ending to Slaine - I don't like when there's not a neat tie off! Cliffhangers that look forward or hint at the events of the next book are fine but I felt leaving the strip in the middle of a rumble was a bit off.

It's a Cliff-Hanger-Rumble  :P

Does anybody agree that Gort's version being warped reminds me of Slaine when he was being drawn by MacmHon. Looking at the exposure of his ribs and lower spine.

Not that I object, I just wondered. 

DrJomster

Another very strong prog!

Loved the boots off at the door in Dredd. :)
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

hazy efc

Quote from: DrJomster on 26 June, 2015, 10:36:59 PM

I had a chuckle at that myself. :lol:

Link Prime

Quote from: hazy efc on 27 June, 2015, 06:38:18 PM
Quote from: DrJomster on 26 June, 2015, 10:36:59 PM

I had a chuckle at that myself. :lol:

Yeah, very good.

The "3 Trees" street sign in Murphyville also raised a smile- I assume it was the MacNeil Droid who snuck that one in.

Tiplodocus

Enjoyed all of that (except, you know).

The cross is miles better where it is. if it was in the centre, you wouldn't see all of the gruesome detail on his nose.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!