Main Menu

Last movie watched...

Started by SmallBlueThing, 04 February, 2011, 12:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

willthemightyW

They say you need to spend money to make money, well I've never made any money so by that logic I've never spent any.

darnmarr

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 08 April, 2013, 03:41:44 PM
Quote from: darnmarr on 08 April, 2013, 03:27:44 PM
the firemen really just evoke Trumpton.

That's what I love about it and it's speeded up too. The action-men in Jet-packs I hated.

And it has a MONO-RAIL.
The MONO-RAIL was my fave.

HdE

Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

smilersaltash

Quote from: Link Prime on 07 April, 2013, 02:47:10 PM
Just finished The Dark Knight Returns Part I & II (accompanied by a pint of iced alka seltzer, a bacon & cheese toastie and a recliner couch).

Good enough.

Same for me, thought both were passable. Catwoman was a little tame, Michelle Pfeiffer still has my vote.

Buttonman

The Liam Neeson thriller 'Unknown' - I'm sure I'm not the first to notice it's [spoiler]virtually a contemporary retelling of 'Total Recall'[/spoiler] - they even had[spoiler] a three titted woman[/spoiler]! (not really).

Link Prime

Quote from: smilersaltash on 08 April, 2013, 11:57:51 PM
Quote from: Link Prime on 07 April, 2013, 02:47:10 PM
Just finished The Dark Knight Returns Part I & II (accompanied by a pint of iced alka seltzer, a bacon & cheese toastie and a recliner couch).

Good enough.

Same for me, thought both were passable. Catwoman was a little tame, Michelle Pfeiffer still has my vote.

I'm with ya RE Catwoman, smiler- those movies I meant were the animated adaptions of the Frank Miller graphic novel though, and Selina was looking decidedly gilf-ish in em!  ;)

ThryllSeekyr

I went and saw Warm Bodies and Oblivion at the movies. Both weren't not bad :)

Buttonman

Western fun with The Kentuckian before some British get them slags action in Welcome to the Punch.

Robert Frazer

I'm one of those fogeys (at the grand old age of 26) who prefers physical media, so I still spend a lot of time in shops looking for videos and discs. After searching for months, I finally chanced across a copy of David Lynch's Eraserhead completely by accident in a Forp! store, and snagged it straight away. I watched it tonight.

...hmm.

That's all. Hmm.
Latest Video - The ESSENTIAL Judge Dredd

JamesC

The Hobbit.

I thought it would be boring because I didn't like the LOTR films much but I actually really enjoyed this.
Could have done with less silly singing (and CGI plates? really) and less silly fake noses though.

MR. ELIMINATOR

Just watched oblivion. It's not actually that bad. The trailer set my expectations pretty low, so was pleasantly surprised.

smilersaltash

Quote from: Buttonman on 13 April, 2013, 01:15:50 AM
Western fun with The Kentuckian before some British get them slags action in Welcome to the Punch.

Bloody hell -that film is older than me. Proper Sunday afternoon stuff.

I picked up Jonah Hex with the groceries today, £3 well spent.

smilersaltash

I'm with ya RE Catwoman, smiler- those movies I meant were the animated adaptions of the Frank Miller graphic novel though, and Selina was looking decidedly gilf-ish in em!  ;)
[/quote]

I bought a Batman animated collection in the going into administration sale in HMV, so far have made 3/5 of episodes, but am finding it tough going. Have watched Year One, and agree - definetly gilf-ish   :P

darnmarr

Soldier with Kurt Russell: has it's problems but overall I quite liked it. Lot of Dredd comparisons sprang to mind. Despite not even having a helmet, Kurt Russell still manages to keep it on for most of the film.

Zarjazzer

The Hobbit -an Unexpected Journey. I bloody loved it.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.