Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robert_ellis

More importantly is anyone missing? Is max there?

Albion

Oops. I was wrong about the Marvel collection then. Knew I should have checked the leaflet they sent when the collection was expanded. Doh!  :-[
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Anzati

The silly thing is...the more I think about it, the more excited I am about the possibility of extension...can't really afford it as it is...but I'm sure I'd enjoy an extra 40 volumes :)

I haven't bithered trying to identify everyone in the image yet...checking who is missing is a good idea :)

IndigoPrime

Well, my 4+5 just squeaked in at the end of March. The books in themselves look good, but again one of them is damaged, due to Hachette deciding to send them (and some coasters I'd entirely forgotten about) in a box that was far too big. I know Hachette will replace my dinged Shamballa, but it seems so wasteful.

Pic and gripe here if anyone wants to see the absurd box.

robert_ellis

Hopefully once the free gifts have stopped the books will have less wiggle room in smaller boxes.

IndigoPrime

The crazy thing is, my last replacement arrived in perfect condition, because it had a bit of bubble wrap around it. Ah well.

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 27 March, 2015, 11:03:02 AM
Well, my 4+5 just squeaked in at the end of March. The books in themselves look good, but again one of them is damaged, due to Hachette deciding to send them (and some coasters I'd entirely forgotten about) in a box that was far too big. I know Hachette will replace my dinged Shamballa, but it seems so wasteful.

Pic and gripe here if anyone wants to see the absurd box.

My books were sent in the same type of box and thankfully arrived with no damage at all.

Perhaps the postie plays football with yours.

IndigoPrime

It's just luck of the draw, but that's the problem with ineffective packaging. Mind you, last time the damage wasn't the postie's fault, but Hachette's for shoving a badge into a box that wasn't big enough for it and the two books, hence Apocalypse War getting a gouge down its back.

Spikes

And this is exactly why I didn't sign up.
I know peeps have had theirs delivered OK, but a good few haven't. Maybe the packaging will improve, as others have speculated, once the free gifts are out of the equation..

But for me, I've now set-up a standing order from the local newsagent (who stock the prog as well), so two birds with one stone.
Sorted.

IndigoPrime

I'm increasingly tempted to do the same, although we lack any indies in town now, and so I don't know how amenable the chains would be to doing something like this.

Fungus

Not a subscriber, but ordered Origins direct from Hachette. Fairly snug packaging, but no bubble-wrap for me and bumps to the cover. Wouldn't buy a book off the shelf in that condition. If I was buying everything I'd talk to my newsagent (and not the self-service scanning abomination that W H Smith have now installed :) ). Damaged goods shouldn't be luck of the draw... (helpfully sending replacements is not the point).

mckee74

Yep, very silly packaging. A few scratches but I think I'll live with it.

Has to be said, the cover art on Issue Five is just stunning.

Colin Zeal

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 27 March, 2015, 04:26:22 PM
I'm increasingly tempted to do the same, although we lack any indies in town now, and so I don't know how amenable the chains would be to doing something like this.

I guess newsagents are different to comic shops in this respect because my local comic can't order this for me. The owner says he can order anything else I want apart from this. He thinks it's down to wh smith having the exclusive rights to sell it but he isn't sure if that's why. The wh smith I was buying it in no longer stocks copies so what am I meant to do apart from make a trip to forbidden planet to buy it?

Zenith 666

SmallBlueThing

My local newsie has one on order for someone. I seriously hope it's not the same guy who had a standing order for the Marvel Figurine Collection and who then didn't pick them up for months, meaning every time I went to buy milk I had to explain that no,  it's not me and yes,  I've already had mine.  Sigh.

SBT